Greg Jein Collection Hero X-Wing & more

SO HAPPY to have won the X-Wing fighter auction! I can’t wait till it arrives! Apparently they they are gonna FedEx it to me! For 3 Million, I thought they’d at least drive it here…..

EDIT: Guys, I was obviously kidding. I got 13 private messages about this. LOL I'm a Pastor, I don't HAVE 3 million dollars. LOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
Amusing story I heard at the auction: one of the Heritage staff and his wife (also on staff) had been part of the team that found and catalogued numerous items at Greg's home. We discussed some of the items as the toupee came up for auction, and I joked that the toupee looked like a tribble.

He shared that when they were going through items, they found a Max Factor box in Greg's closet, and upon opening the box, initially thought they'd found a tribble from TOS.

Clearly, the listings for the "8 Rarest and Most Expensive Wigs Ever Sold" needs to be updated: 8 Rarest and Most Expensive Wigs Ever Sold - Rarest.org

(BTW, while you're probably already aware, you'll find details on such Max Factor pieces in Grace Lee Whitney's book, The Longest Trek: My Tour of the Galaxy: The Longest Trek )

In my eyes the 2 stand out pieces in the auction. Lucky bugger. Still can’t believe that Stormtrooper went for so little. It’s the best example out there,even trumping what is in the archives.

Ben

Now he can play with it everyday:lol:
Dave on any given day:
Plane Airplane GIF

You know, for $100,000 cash I bet Dave could have got hired one of the original still living ILM modelers to build him a Star Wars era X-Wing with original kit bashed parts and hand delivery it on a silver platter!

But seriously, congrats to Dave! Although we already have some great photos of the ST suit and X-wing, I hope Dave takes TONS of new video and pics for us to obsess over and documented the heck out of for years to come, and not hide these items away in his man-cave.

P.S. Does Steve Sansweet have an OT X-wing and ST costume? I don't remember, but I know he has a pieced-together ESB Vader suit.

Last edited:
Is there a document somewhere that lists the closing prices for thisone? I'd like to print that out to keep with the catalog

I managed to win lot 89512, the "Deal of the Century" F-19X models. They were delivered on Saturday. I only shot one photo. I will take better ones, once I find my good camera. My current phone camera "sucks". I was chasing this from the moment I got the catalog since this model has design provenance going back to the MiG-31 Firefox Greg designed for the Clint Eastwood movie.

Attachments

• Hero F-19X.jpg
    Hero F-19X.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Auction lot 1.jpg
    Auction lot 1.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 70
  • Auction lot 2.jpg
    Auction lot 2.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 70
  • bca9fbcd.jpg
    bca9fbcd.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 62

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back