Greef Karga Blaster - Mandalorian Season 1 Episode 8

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I suppose a SPOILER warning is in order, if you haven't seen the last episode that aired Friday

We got some good shots of the Guild leader's blaster. I LOVE it, does anyone have any better reference?
Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 8.17.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 8.20.04 PM.png

It looks L2A3 Sterling inspired

Thinking they might've bought a PPS-43/51 parts kit for the barrel shroud.

If I had the cash to spare at the moment, I'd buy myself one of them parts kits to play with.

Last edited:
Nope, don't think so.

I've got a Hi Power. Not seeing any parts on the blaster that are from a HP.

Wasn't the base pistol already identified as an old Astra, anyway?

Yeah, pretty sure it's an Astra.

Actually, now I'm NOT a hundred percent on the Astra, I can't recall who it was that ID'ed it as one. Could still be one, but I haven't found the correct model, yet.

I'll keep looking!

Aha!! It's a Steyr model 1911/1912!
Steyr-Hahn_M1912.JPG

I think there's still some other blaster in his locker that's based on an old Astra, though. I'd have to go back and look at my screen grabs.

Last edited:
The weird, awkward angle of the grip reminds me of the earliest forms of Browning/Colt semi-auto pistols. Or perhaps some of the Eastern Bloc nations?

Found it!

You're right, sir. I was thinking the same thing with the grip angle, and just decided to search early automatics.

I edited my post above.

But yeah, it's definitely got the PPS 43 (or similar) barrel shroud part over the slide/barrel section, and possibly other parts from the PPS.
pps43 kit complete with template pps (1)-min-500x500.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m working on this right now. It looks like the greeblies were inspired by the PPS but the sizes don’t match up if that is a hero prop.

I’m working on this right now. It looks like the greeblies were inspired by the PPS but the sizes don’t match up if that is a hero prop.
Do you have some more info/measurements/whatever you can share on this? I was about to pull the trigger on a real shroud when I read more closely. ;) Definitely going to have a go at this blaster soon.

I bought a real barrel nut for the S2 flare gun blaster and it turns out it's too big. I think they machined all their own stuff.... based on this old stuff!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back