Greedo's language - Rodese - was a FOUND language!

I think the Ewoks were the same, actually, just sped up. And the Jawas. They used real languages where they could, so that they'd sound like...y'know...real languages, rather than "Zorblatz flingwan spitonkitank!"

Missing the point that the guy at that time index in "The People Versus George Lucas" was speaking Castilian Spanish, but the recording gives it and the guy after him an odd metallic tinge. Between the interference and the guy's tone of voice, I can see the Wook's joke, but just kinda roll my eyes, as Castilian Spanish doesn't sound anything like the Huttese Greedo was speaking in ANH. :p

--Jonah

If you listen to a lot of Ben Burt's commentaries on the OT, he explains pretty much how all the languages were done. My favorite story is how in Jedi he took a real old Swahili (I think) woman and got her drunk on vodka. then let her tell stories of her village and he recorded it. Then he took the recordings and wrote down what was spoken, but he just wrote it phonetically--whatever spelling worked best. Then he got voice actors to read the speech. This ended up being lots of the Ewok language.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back