Greedo Blaster Discussion

Is it just me, or does the magazine and magazine latch appear to have been removed before molding/casting just as the trigger was? None of the other photos show the bottom of the grip-frame, hands/gloves are always blocking that area in the available photos..

Casting.png

-Carson

A few steps closer..towards, molding?..;)

A correct pre-'65 upper and bolt from a Ruger Standard (which was from a '55 complete that I've had for roughly 15 years since I was in my upper teens, which was aching for and acquired specifically towards this project..), and a correct post-'71 lower (recently acquired from a '75 MK1, 'the Standard and MK1's shared the same exact lowers'). My upper was properly machined down as per the original Bapty prop Ruger that Greedo's blaster was molded from (yes, that hurt quite a bit in doing so, but I did buy it back when for this very reason..and 'hopefully' once castings come along, it will be one of the last permanently altered Rugers that needs to be made for this sort of thing, since the only real goal here is an accurate casting.

All I need now, is to find that mystery barrel! Which as with many other parts used in the film, is incredibly hard to identify. Otherwise I'll have to make a replica of the barrel without proper markings or any originality. It certainly appears to be a real/existing barrel due to the visible, unreadable markings, but certainly not a Ruger barrel..not sure why they swapped it out since it has a very similar taper as a stock barrel. Just as curious as the swapped lower, as per Han's ANH blaster too.. Who knows when it comes to Bapty back in the day?..haha
Then we're good-to-go for a base casting to add our greeblies to..that is, if we can ever manage to figure out that Left-Side 'block' greeblie..

Ruger_Right.png

And the Bapty Ruger photo that Greedo's blaster was molded from, that lonepigeon posted years ago, Thanks, Chris!

Greedo's Ruger.jpg

-Carson

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back