Great 80s song box set

This thing even has songs by Billy Crystal and Max Headroom lol. I also grabbed the soundtrack for the new version of Footloose for a buck at goodwill. It's not as good as the original but I'll give them credit for it being 99% rap music free.

Neat find - it looks familiar - is it new??

This brings up an interesting question - who buys CDs anymore?? I found myself interested in an album recently, but realized I could get it from Napster/Rhapsody in digital goodness. It sort of made me sad though - the realization that, like buying DVDs, CDs are well on their way to retirement.

I prefer having the discs in hand. Even when I buy stuff off amazon digitally it goes to a cd. I don't trust these companies and this all digital crap is going to lead to us losing a lot of great music if something goes wrong. All it takes is one strong solar flare or something else to cause an EMP pulse and there goes everything. I guarantee they're alienating older people by getting rid of cds.

Is it just me or is this CD collection really expensive? A few year ago I purchased a similar set of 8 CDs from the 1970s for under 70 bucks.

According to my excel file I've got more than 10.000 songs on my CD collection. From the 1960s to modern stuff.

But it's true the last physical CD I purchased is a few years ago, it's so comfortable to download songs from amazon, etc.

Dietrich

I gotta check that out, and add some of those tracks to my 80's iPod collection. thanks for the info.

A bit OT but did anyone ever pick up the Saturday Morning cartoons CD?
A collection of popular bands doing covers of cartoon themes?
Always get a kick out of hearing the Ramones version of the Spiderman theme.

I gotta check that out, and add some of those tracks to my 80's iPod collection. thanks for the info.

A bit OT but did anyone ever pick up the Saturday Morning cartoons CD?
A collection of popular bands doing covers of cartoon themes?
Always get a kick out of hearing the Ramones version of the Spiderman theme.

I think I had that cd for a while. All these collections are expensive. The GTA: Vice City box set is a good soundtrack too but this set has some really rare stuff like a rap about General Hospital :lol

This is on my holy grail list:
Amazon.com: Atomic Platters: Cold War Music from the Golden Age of Homeland Security: Various Artists: Music

It even has old civil defense alerts and commercials with famous stars.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back