GoT - Sansa Stark S7 Dress Build

padmik

Hello!

I've been here since like 2015 I think and never made a thread until today haha. But I'm very excited to start making this costume. I'm preparing to make Sansa Stark's Season 7 dress with the feather chest design. I will omit the cape until winter since right now I'm wearing this costume to two summer conventions (because I'm a genius and I love torture).

65b9648e9001baf1f203e9e5a8fd403e.jpg

The dress is made from wool so I'm trying to decide between %100 wool or wool/garbarine blend. Cost is the biggest factor as well since this costume (and con) were a late addition to my con plan this year. I did find a wool blend that I like so I think I'll go ahead and buy seven yards of it.

0615520.jpg

She has a stitch pattern all down her dress and arms that will be a pain in the butt to do because the stitches look kind of thick and they aren't a simple single stitch either. I'd hate to do it by hand but we'll see.

She also has two wolf crests she wears in one of the episode shots. I may play around and 3D print the crests for practice.

2-1jpg.jpeg

She also has shoulder pads that will just be craft foam under fabric or interfacing (or both!). I am on the fence on whether I'll make/buy gloves at this time, due to the weather. I may hold off on that until winter time as well.

The great thing about this dress is that it's long so I can wear some comfy platform shoes underneath and no one will know lol. I have a corset I will wear underneath as well so I need all the comfort I can get out of this.

My plan is to debut this at Con of Thrones in mid-July (and later Dragon Con). I signed up for a wolf-dog photoshoot so I really want to get this done for the dogs!

No sé si escribiré bien, no es mi lenguaje natural.
Hice este traje para mi novia y todavía hay detalles para agregar (el patrón a lo largo del vestido, por ejemplo). Como punta, pongo cuero dentro de las hombreras, porque si se doblan, vuelve a su forma natural.
Para el pecho emplumado utilicé tela de lino cortada en tiras y dejé el borde sin coser, así que se veía bien.
Para la capa, si lo desea forrado, también recomiendo no coser el forro a la tela en la parte inferior, por lo que no se formarán bolsillos y la capa caerá más naturalmente.
Cuando puedo subir fotos.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back