Gort Bio Repairing (Pic Heavy)

made007

Sr Member
I recently aquired this hez gort bio, it was busted, right after i opened the box i started the work, first was to get rid of some warping by heating and bending, making it as asymetrical as posible, next i did was to sand the inside to get a better bond when applying fiberglass, next i applied a resin coat followed by fiberglass mat, then sanded the outside and added bondo to the left side of the bio, the left side was pretty bad, here some pics
Before, this is how i got it
e6085613.jpg

263af61c.jpg

7d616f59.jpg

2ce4b61c.jpg

c071050c.jpg

679aadfe.jpg

and after, while i was workin on it
IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

The interior fiberglassed
IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

Primed and ready for putty and wetsand on some areas
IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

Thanks, i had to heat one of the fins to make them symetrical, and i added a coat of bulldog adhesion promoter to the hoses

Oh then what they told me its not truth :( well sorry for that hez, im going to weatger it at night cause im working on other things right now, it fit my xdmray half mask like it was made for it :) ill take some pics when i finish it

Nicely done Jose!! I love the Chrome lenses and the weathering. "Take some pics outside."haha I had to say it. :D

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back