Good source for Obi Wan ANH transistors?

Kal-L

Since I'm new here, I figured that to catch up I'd best build an Obi-Wan lightsaber - it seems everyone else has. ;)

I have most of my parts down (except the emitter...I'm waiting on Prop runner for that, right?) but:

I was wondering if anyone could point me towards a source for the transistors/washers on the clamp...I've done some looking on my own, but no dice.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Dave

Vintage transistors can easily be found on ebay. Usually you get 30 for $10. Just need to make sure sure they're the tophat style. The original maker has never been identified and probably never will. The washer has also never been identified but could probably be fabricated rather easily from found parts.

-Fred

I'm also after some of these - but more specifically I'm after chromed ones. Ideally they would be threaded for a Romans spacer - but that's not a hard requirement. Main thing is that they have the shiny AFBB look. Also it'd be nice to have a shiny washer/spacer to match.

I have some suitable old transistors - but they're a bit dull.

Anyone got any leads for these or hints on how to make my transistors a bit more gucci?

Threaded transistors would certainly make my life easier as well....I'd go for an older, vintage set and a chromed set as well....:)

Any further suggestions?

You could always have them chromed yourself if you could find a place willing to do it as a side project. The only person I know that makes them nowaday was stormpath, and apparently he's too busy to do a run but that is not to say he won't ever do another. Here's the pic of his from a post of his way back when he was working on his parks obi. Maybe someone has an extra set?

Here's some pics
first up was the one's chen made
858.jpg

Here's stormpath's, aluminum and chromed
842.jpg

and another shot of them on the saber
843.jpg

Originally posted by MikeyX@Jan 13 2006, 09:37 AM
I'm also after some of these - but more specifically I'm after chromed ones. Ideally they would be threaded for a Romans spacer - but that's not a hard requirement. Main thing is that they have the shiny AFBB look. Also it'd be nice to have a shiny washer/spacer to match.

I have some suitable old transistors - but they're a bit dull.

Anyone got any leads for these or hints on how to make my transistors a bit more gucci?
[snapback]1157853[/snapback]​

I can't post in the Junkyard yet, but if anyone did have a set or two they were willing to part with, I'd hope they would please let me know via PM or e-mail.

Thanks a million.

-Dave

Check with Stormpath as he made some transistors. If you are looking for actual transistors try this ebay seller:

bidonmine

and search his products for TO39

or this one

smcbid

Originally posted by amish@Jan 13 2006, 01:30 PM
Check with Stormpath as he made some transistors.  If you are looking for actual transistors try this ebay seller:

bidonmine

and search his products for TO39

or this one

smcbid
[snapback]1158075[/snapback]​

Can you post what he tells you or Pm me?
I'm also looking for a pair.

There was an interest thread a couple of weeks ago but Stormpath said he didn't have time to do a run right now. If that is no longer the case, I'm still interested as well.

one of my friend show this thread to me.

sorry I haven't login every day. I have few set in stock now.

please send pm to me.

thank you guys. :)

325147-ps_studio_since2005-img600x546-1127254421t-p-s-3-embed.jpg

Originally posted by Jedi_Dogs@Jan 14 2006, 05:12 AM
Another PM in your box stormpath :D  I hope that you have enough sets available.
[snapback]1158724[/snapback]​

Hmmm - looks like I should have come back sooner - just sent a PM, but the chances of getting some of these looks low with the amount of interest here and only having a few sets to sell...

Originally posted by Gigatron@Jan 13 2006, 09:20 AM
Vintage transistors can easily be found on ebay.  Usually you get 30 for $10.  Just need to make sure sure they're the tophat style.  The original maker has never been identified and probably never will.  The washer has also never been identified but could probably be fabricated rather easily from found parts.

-Fred
[snapback]1157841[/snapback]​
That's what I did:

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back