Going Gungi

Very impressed with this! I'll try and finish the bodywork of your saber this weekend, after that, we'll install the electronics ASAP.

Hey I reposted your progress over on The Dented Helmet Fett forum, and everyone loves it! The question was posed as to what kind of hair you're using?

Thanks all! It's synthetic Kanekalon braid. Basically, weave hair. He's getting a trim on the 8th and I'll post photos soon after. As soon as the saber is done (which is GORGEOUS btw and yall should check out Force Relic's work) I'll submit his application for the Rebel Legion! Thanks for the support and kind words everyone!

Awesome job !! We would love some pics with you and the Gungi saber together for our Facebook page and website once completed :)

Submission photos taken-sans sabre of course.
Front
15793079797_a72a707c20.jpg
Left
15793079557_d4cbc28830.jpg
Right
15791433548_ef49e772d1.jpg
Back
15356544934_e11ae97979.jpg

Bacca9, this is fantastic!
I am building my own original Wookiee outfit now, and I have been using many of your pics as inspiration.
Especially the mask colouring and colour blending.

Bacca9, this is fantastic!
I am building my own original Wookiee outfit now, and I have been using many of your pics as inspiration.
Especially the mask colouring and colour blending.
Thank you for the kind words! I'd love to see your build. Find me on Facebook, search Chewbacca 5.2 :)

I'm not on Facebook - shock horror - but I am building a website to track my build. For my own amusement, more than anything else.
http://chimeraproductions.org.au/wookiee/
Its not really up to date and doesn't contain many pictures, because the host site is out of room. Eventually it will be upgraded with more pics.

I have finished the suit latch-hooking and now I am embarking on the tougher work - the mask and voice electronics. Just working on the underskull now, so there is a long way to go!
Your pics are very useful for this, thanks.

I'm not on Facebook - shock horror - but I am building a website to track my build. For my own amusement, more than anything else.
http://chimeraproductions.org.au/wookiee/
Its not really up to date and doesn't contain many pictures, because the host site is out of room. Eventually it will be upgraded with more pics.

I have finished the suit latch-hooking and now I am embarking on the tougher work - the mask and voice electronics. Just working on the underskull now, so there is a long way to go!
Your pics are very useful for this, thanks.

In that case, there are more photos on my website :) http://jamiearielle.wix.com/portfolio
You've got a good looking Wookiee started!

If you don't mind me asking, Bacca9, did you include a lip curl mechanism in your mask?
From the photos I am thinking you didn't, but thought I'd confirm.

I am up to building this stage of the mask, but am having trouble conceptualizing this part. So I am looking for advice from other builders. How does the silicone skin and the wire mechanism attach to each other?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back