Global Effects is cleaning out it's attic.

Orbital Surplus has finally listed some more items on eBay.
Here is just a sample:
IMG_2314.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG
IMG_2354.JPG

Global still has surplus items coming out of boxes!

I'm wondering if any of these helmets are going to be offered. Apparently Global Effects has a number of them.

Firefly Police Helmet.jpg

These were seen as Police helmets in the Firefly TV pilot, "Serenity", and it is one of the few remaining items I'd love to have in my collection,

Thanks,
Mike

I don't make castings; I just have the molds. It's also not every single part of the gun. If you want to buy the molds, drop me a line.

We have sent a bunch of stuff over to Orbital Surplus, and it's going on their ebay site.
Space hardware stuff (Apollo, Mercury, Shuttle)
Swords
Prop arrows from Last Samurai
Lots more to follow.

If you have items you are looking for, post them here, perhaps we have some spares or items we no longer need in the rental department.
Keep in mind, if it's a Hero piece, or an screen used item from a main stream film, it will likely show up at a Prop Store auction.

If you have items you are looking for, post them here, perhaps we have some spares or items we no longer need in the rental department.
Understanding your caveat about film pieces, just on the off-chance, might you retain anything from the now fairly obscure "Spaced Invaders" (1990), for which the website notes GE contributed props, costumes, and miniatures?
[Also known as "Martians!!!" during production, not to be confused with "Mars Attacks!"]

My brother owns the hero Martian patrol ship flying miniature, and anything else would be super cool. Thanks!

Understanding your caveat about film pieces, just on the off-chance, might you retain anything from the now fairly obscure "Spaced Invaders" (1990), for which the website notes GE contributed props, costumes, and miniatures?
[Also known as "Martians!!!" during production, not to be confused with "Mars Attacks!"]

My brother owns the hero Martian patrol ship flying miniature, and anything else would be super cool. Thanks!
I think we made that miniature ship.
I had some of the parts for the "Blast helmets" , but I think they sold or got tossed out. However, I did see the vacuum form tool for the helmet recently.

I think we made that miniature ship.
I had some of the parts for the "Blast helmets" , but I think they sold or got tossed out. However, I did see the vacuum form tool for the helmet recently.
Well how about that – I’ve been encouraging my brother to try to track down the ship’s makers, and perhaps I’ve stumbled on the answer! Below are the auction photos plus an overhead shot I took when it arrived last year. Due to the distinctive weathering, it very clearly screen-matches to most of the flying shots.

From what I gather, there were four miniature versions in the film: this resin/plastic/metal hero (with a mounting point in the right nacelle); an identical cast foam stunt for the bouncing sequence; a larger SFX model for raising the ship vertical (more closely resembling the full-scale set), and then smaller ships for juxtaposing with the command ship.

Understanding that this was over 30 years ago, any memories at all that you’re willing to share about these builds – or really any of the work you did on the film – would be fantastic. We grew up with it, so there’s a nostalgia element, but I honestly think even as an adult it’s a really fun watch and sadly underrated.

If you do have anything left over that you’d like to sell, we’d absolutely be interested. Those helmets are honestly my favorite things in the film (well, next to the duck costume I suppose), so a piece related to those would be very cool.
I’ll PM my email in case that’s preferable. Thanks so much for replying!

Attachments

• Spaced Invaders miniature ship listing image 1.jpg
    Spaced Invaders miniature ship listing image 1.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 101
  • Spaced Invaders miniature ship listing image 2.jpg
    Spaced Invaders miniature ship listing image 2.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Spaced Invaders miniature ship listing image 3.jpg
    Spaced Invaders miniature ship listing image 3.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Spaced Invaders miniature ship - my overhead.JPG
    Spaced Invaders miniature ship - my overhead.JPG
    829.8 KB · Views: 84

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back