Gladiator - Maximus Carthage Armor WIP *PIC Heavy*

Looks awesome bud! I started this project a long time ago and never got close to finishing and kind of gave up. Nice to see someone follow through with this!

Hey Gator, glad to see that this project isn't dead incredible workmanship tops for me and movie accurate as well one of my favorite movies. Keep up th' good work. :p:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Here is the pauldren and chainmail sleve attached to the curias. A few of the details on the purteges fell off while I was getting the sleve attached, but I'm planning on upgrading those anyway.

attachment.php

I attached the chainmail sleve to the curias with leather cord threaded through a few strips of leather, which were glued to the inside of the curias. Not sure how accruate this method is, but I am happy with the look.

attachment.php

Weather it it's been through war make it look like it fine damn job brah very awe inspirin' keep up th' good work.:popcorn

what did you use to cast the sculpture from? i am looking to make something similar, i know it is sculpted from clay, and it is cast from this, but what did you use? i was thinking about how it bends with the leather. i'm just worried it may break when glued around quite dramatic curves, e.g on braces. what are your thoughts?

Thanks for the comments.

Really looks great, are you going to weather it at all or leave it nice and new looking?

Going to weather it all once I complete all the pieces.

what did you use to cast the sculpture from? i am looking to make something similar, i know it is sculpted from clay, and it is cast from this, but what did you use? i was thinking about how it bends with the leather. i'm just worried it may break when glued around quite dramatic curves, e.g on braces. what are your thoughts?

This was my first attempt at molding and casting, so I just used the Smooth-On Starter Kit, which contains Smooth-Cast 300 Resin. To follow the curves in the armor, I heated the cast pieces up with a heat gun till they were soft and then formed them over the curias and pauldren.

When cooled they still have a little flex to them, but will crack if bent too far. I think you could use them over vambraces. The resin will curve that much, and if you don't bang them around you should be good to go.

Any updates on this project? It looked incredible so far!

Thanks.

I did get the costume finished and wore it to a party this past Halloween. I still want to get some better details on the purteges, and do some more weathering to the armor and boots. Don't have great pictures, but here are a few from the party.

Attachments

• IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 214
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back