Giant Pacific Rim Kaiju organ on autopsy table.

Osmethae

Hey guys, after nightmare upon nightmare this finally arrived to me. Clearly, shipping was outrageous but and I got myself into the whole situation by being naive. Anyways, at least I have it in person now. I won this at the prop store auction. I would love to see what some of you guys think may have happened with this, after observing it quite a bit I think I have some ideas.

Here is the crate. It is the largest crate I have ever seen. Not much else to be said about it. Oh, it also weighs 1,500 lbs.
11217603_10152910260553230_1451970145200550200_o.jpg

Comparison to a vehicle.
11057475_10152910871368230_505710069544556368_n.jpg

Now here is where all of the questions start coming up, after unboxing the thing. In the movie it's open so Charlie Day can dissect it, this is how I figured it would arrive since this is how it's SEEN on screen, right? Well the whole thing arrived solid. *But* you can clearly see a seam where it looks like the production team sealed a piece to it, and it goes along perfectly with the screen shot I took.
69KqHuY.png

See the entrails hanging off of the front? See how the orbs are cut into two? Now take a look at what I received.
PzEAaSH.jpg

If you compare the two back and forth, it is definitely the correct one and you can also see the different shade in color. Now where the real problem lies, when I was bidding on this I had a perfect view in my head how I was going to display the piece, which was with it being open. Why would they seal it shut? There is a battery pack that does nothing when turned on, but looking at the screen shot you can see that the LEDs are on the inside of the organ itself.
I sent a couple of messages to several different places where I could possibly get in touch with someone that works at Legendary Pictures that may be able to give me a bit of info on it.
I would love to cut it back open, but you can all imagine how terrifying that is after the money and time spent on getting the damn thing to me. What are your thoughts?

How much of that weight is the table itself? I loved the giant kaiju pieces, but I was waaay to scared of the logistics, which seems I wouldn't have been able to prepare well for. Congrats on finally having the piece!

I am not familiar with this auction but I assume that some of the auction pictures showed this piece opened up? Pieces like this are sometimes made whole so that the actor can "open it up" during the scene but then the director sometimes changes his mind and just shoots the scene with it already open; it could just be held shut with a latch or series of latches that pop open when pressure is applied along that seam that you describe at the top. If it is made to open up the Propstore would have taken photos of it opened up for the auction and then latched it shut for shipping.

If there were no auction pictures that showed this piece being open then this could be a second, solid piece that does not open that was made for the production but not used.

I would contact the Propstore to see if they could tell you how it is latched shut.

Last edited:
I am not familiar with this auction but I assume that some of the auction pictures showed this piece opened up? Pieces like this are sometimes made whole so that the actor can "open it up" during the scene but then the director sometimes changes his mind and just shoots the scene with it already open; it could just be held shut with a latch or series of latches that pop open when pressure is applied along that seam that you describe at the top. If it is made to open up the Propstore would have taken photos of it opened up for the auction and then latched it shut for shipping.

If there were no auction pictures that showed this piece being open then this could be a second, solid piece that does not open that was made for the production but not used.

I would contact the Propstore to see if they could tell you how it is latched shut.
That's the thing, the auction pictures only showed one side of it along with this description,
This item can be seen in the K-Lab of the Shatterdome during the early scene in which Dr. Newton Geiszler (Charlie Day) compares a Kaiju sample from the attack in Sydney with a sample from the Kaiju attack in Manila. During the sequence, Newton dissects this over sized organ and tosses its entrails onto another table.

So from that description it pretty much says it's *the* one. Since there were shots of only one side of it, I just assumed the other side was the open part.
The more I study other pictures, the seam where it's sealed up is exactly the same shape and everything.
kaijubrains1.jpg

kaijubrains1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back