GhostMinion's Fallout 3d Models and Props

Me too, I like days off plenty but I was gonna be off thursday anyways so it was a wasted day for me :( And I think I've had enough snow for this year :p And ice too :<

Just finished up modeling the Ripper. Minus the blade chain, of course.

ripper 1.png

how is the 14mm coming along? as always this stuff looks amazing!

The 14mm model is ready for printing, and I have begun to prep things up to get that done. Just been a little side tracked with some other things. I'll be aiming to print it up by this weekend if I get the time.

Really, the past several days I've been working on getting my new printer dialed up. It arrived last Saturday. There's a lot of slicer setting I need to adjust and tweak before it's ready for "duty". Hopefully soon, though, it'll be working towards the same goal as the other two, printing me more and more Fallout props. :D

m2.jpg

Gotta say, overall the M2 is pretty well built. Very, VERY space efficient in comparison to my Taz and Replicator 2.

Well, didn't actually get much of anything printed this weekend. The weather was too nice outside, so I opted to do some sanding. Still much work to do on my M2 as well, almost got it dialed in. I think I'm going to try printing the Ripper on the new M2 first, while finalizing the speed settings and such. We'll see.

I did, however, finish up modeling the Pulse Mine. Two mines down, two more to go.:)
pulse mine 1.png

These are crazy. I also would want to buy printed parts as I dont have a 3d printer myself. Just finished the plasma rifle out of stuff from Home Depot and Im wanting to make some stuff from kits for a while :)

Small update. While I'm filling some orders with my other printers, I've finally got my first good print out of my new M2.

I decided to use the new Ripper model as my first "test subject". After a few tweeks and setting changes, I got this first half of the main body printed:

first good M2 print.jpg

I think I'll continue printing this one out on the new printer. We'll see how things turn out.........

So what do you think of your new printer?

Well, it's a nice printer, no doubt. Very well constructed, and quite space efficient for it's build size.

But..................in hind sight, I would have just bought another Lulzbot. The M2 is pretty much the same thing as a Taz to me, only smaller (although, as mentioned, more space efficient) and slightly better built with less plastic parts.

The M2, so far, cannot tame PLA plastic the way my Lulzbot and Replicator 2 have. Solid infill scripts leave messy results, and the fan is NOT a variable speed fan. The fan is also very poorly placed. It seems I may want to finally try some ABS printing (my Taz can print ABS, but the plastic is no good for very long prints, it delaminates).

But, basically, it took me a full year to get my Taz dialed in to where it is. And where I've got it, is magical. Once I post pics of the Hellfire helmet (not done printing yet) you'll see what I mean. Very, very big prints, and very, very clean.

If I'd have just got another Taz, I'd have all my settings and preferences ready to go. Instead, I have to tame another printer outright. It's not too bad though, my experience with 3d printers is making the taming less painful. Hell, I remember nearly pulling my hair out with getting my Taz going at first.

So, I'm sure it'll fit right in with my others. But yeah, would have got another Replicator 2 or Lulzot instead.

I think the next one I get will be another Replicator 2. I want to get another before they become extinct. After all, Makerbot's new stuff is nothing but crap.

Taking a break from the props and guns. Had an itch to do a helmet, so here's my go at the Enclave Advanced helmet (Mk 1).

Advanced wip.png

It'll be a while I think until I get back to the little prop models, the weather is finally good for outside working. It seems like a good time to actually work on the kits I've already printed! With two Ballistic fists, an Alien Blaster and a few handguns I think I've got plenty to keep my mind occupied. ;)

So what do you think of your new printer?

Yeah, I would like to officially change my answer for that question. Short version: This thing is the bee's knees. After getting it dialed in, I believe it's my new "go to" printer. Printing right now as clean as my Makerbot. Unlike the Makerbot, though, the heated bed keeps me knowing that the print is staying right where it needs to.

Here I did the grip to the 14mm pistol I've begun to print, and another 12.7mm frame print to replace the one I sold. To say the least, I'm rather pleased with them. Clean enough to use XTC-3D to smooth, no need for bondo as there are no holes to fill.

14mm grip.jpg12.7mm side.jpg

Anybody on the market for a printer would be wise to consider the Makergear M2 as a candidate. My 2 cents.

Yeah, I would like to officially change my answer for that question. Short version: This thing is the bee's knees. After getting it dialed in, I believe it's my new "go to" printer. Printing right now as clean as my Makerbot. Unlike the Makerbot, though, the heated bed keeps me knowing that the print is staying right where it needs to.

Here I did the grip to the 14mm pistol I've begun to print, and another 12.7mm frame print to replace the one I sold. To say the least, I'm rather pleased with them. Clean enough to use XTC-3D to smooth, no need for bondo as there are no holes to fill.

View attachment 458434View attachment 458435

Anybody on the market for a printer would be wise to consider the Makergear M2 as a candidate. My 2 cents.

Nice! Where did you buy yours from, and what did it go for? I don't have the money right now, but I want to get a 3d printer.

...........Action Abe would also be pretty nifty..............

Here you go, free for everyone. Action Abe figure and sword. Have not printed it, but everything looks manifold and good in Nettfab. Enjoy!

Edit 8/30/17: File links have been removed. Sorry!

Last edited:
Hey guys, got some more of the Ripper model printed out, just need to print the handle. I'm not going to print the blade chain, I think I will just use a real chain saw blade to make the chain blade.

ripper wip.jpg

As far as the other models I've already printed, I've slowly been coating the parts with Smooth On XTC. I work on it a little at a time, when some spare time arises. I won't really start sanding on them and refining them for a while though, at least until I finish up a few other projects.

Anyhow, more to come soon, stay tuned......

have you really liked the smooth on XTC?

As always this stuff looks Amazing!

It's nice for clean prints, but it is certainly not body filler. For prints that are "not so clean", you can't use the stuff. Prints off of my Taz, for instance, tend to have little holes or "pillowing" in the surface. These types of things can only be corrected with body filler.

XTC is great for nice clean prints though. Saves a lot of time, and is more convenient to apply. Just be sure to apply thin layers.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back