GHOSTBUSTERS: Medrad Mark IV Angio Injector AKA orange device in Venkman's office

Wow! Lol I was kinda like *chuckle* *chuckle* when i saw all the other Mark IV "finds" then the Misery one just killed me! Perfect product placement!
J

Wow, thanks! I always wondered what that thing was. It somehow always reminds me of the old red mailboxes we used to have here in The Netherlands :unsure

DSC02465a.jpg

Bumping this thread to see if anyone can identify some other Ghostbusters set dressing props for me...

DSC09429.JPG

I know the yellow one is a Voltmeter and the little grey one is a Minirad gamma rate meter, but what are the two blue boxes?

Alex

Last edited:
Did anyone see Jason Reitman's post today?

Jason Reitman gonna gouge me.jpg

I just know that's gonna drive the prices up.

I was so close to buying one of these last year.

Just before I made purchase, I had to spend four times as much money on an emergency dental procedure.

Sigh.

Alex

Hi mate, have you found information about those blue boxes?

Well, I looked up this thread to see just how long I'd been trying to figure out what the blue boxes were. Amazing that it took six years until someone ID'ed one.

The smaller one is a LaMotte Conductivity Meter. It got a nice closeup in a deleted scene which first appeared on the 35th anniversary Blu-Ray last year. Loren White not only made the identification, he also replicated one within a week of the Blu-Ray coming out, AND he's the person who procured the one I now have.

Loren's LaMotte comparison.jpg

We've taken to calling it a "Gaspar's Meter" since that's how the storyboard artist referred to it. I go into more detail on that in this video shot yesterday.

Mine is a slight variation with two ports rather than one, but I'm still happy to have one.

DSC09423.JPG

Now if someone could just ID the *other* blue box from that scene, I'd have all the gear on that table. Here's a collage of all the best views of it from three scenes in the movie.

DSC09427b.jpg

Any ideas what that one is?

And yes, I know we kinda hijacked the original topic of this thread. I am still hoping to obtain a Medrad Mark IV someday. I had a lead on one during quarantine, but the freight shipping to my location is always the dealbreaker.

Alex

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back