Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, that's a big part of it. To be 100% honest...I don't even hate this movie. I still like the actresses involved. I even still like Feig. What can I say...I like comedies and he makes em.

But I watched people in this thread pound on you for MONTHS for your predictions. Now when it turned out to be a flop..no one should be surprised that you want to dance on the corpse. After all the criticism you took, I'd say you earned a little dance.

But you don't get that. Not a word of "Well it seems he was right, time to move on" the attacks just shifted smoothly from "You're going to be proven wrong" to "You shouldn't talk about it anymore" without even passing through neutral.

And even that wouldn't bother me...I like a good board fight as much as anyone...but it's couched in wanting to end the negativity and I think that's a bunch of crap. Especially when it's in the same post that continues the attacks. I hate it when rock throwers complain about rocks being thrown. Makes me want to throw rocks at them.

prettty much it.

But, I've grown used to it. hence why in this thread alone, there's about 10 replies in a row with people who's posts I have on ignore. kind of funny, actually ;o). and then they attack you for that cause it's 'childish' and 'safe spaceish'. go figure.

but, what can you do? at this point, i'm not only having fun seeing how much this movie can fail further (And somehow it manages to do it with each new bit of info found)...i'm having fun seeing how crazy the supporters can get, and trying to figure out why they are so hell bent on trying to support it.

and it's not just here, either. it's pretty much the same vibe elsewhere with people who support things. they just won't let the 'haters' do their thing when they prove out to be right. even more rewarding when you get constantly told 'you can't pre judge something based on pre release material' ;o).

that's how i've decided to handle over reacting positive people.

I guess the reason i constantly bring it up when i see a quote from someone on my ignore list, is just to see what the reply will be this time...could be a drinking game ;o).

For me, that's a big part of it. To be 100% honest...I don't even hate this movie. I still like the actresses involved. I even still like Feig. What can I say...I like comedies and he makes em.

But I watched people in this thread pound on you for MONTHS for your predictions. Now when it turned out to be a flop..no one should be surprised that you want to dance on the corpse. After all the criticism you took, I'd say you earned a little dance.

But you don't get that. Not a word of "Well it seems he was right, time to move on" the attacks just shifted smoothly from "You're going to be proven wrong" to "You shouldn't talk about it anymore" without even passing through neutral.

And even that wouldn't bother me...I like a good board fight as much as anyone...but it's couched in wanting to end the negativity and I think that's a bunch of crap. Especially when it's in the same post that continues the attacks. I hate it when rock throwers complain about rocks being thrown. Makes me want to throw rocks at them.
Ok you posted this while I was posting the other thing, and man! Get out of my head, its the same exact thing I was thinking. It wasnt even regarding the movie, but it was more of the hypocrites attacking Neil, because he was attacking a freaking movie! :confused

32a1391d1e4bef8b67bee68cb0afe242.jpg

So we were having a family get together last weekend at my parent's place, and on their wall is a pic of me, my brother and my cousin dressed as ghostbusters for Halloween. My little cousin, Catherine, was just wearing a sheet, and a sign around her neck saying "caught by ghostbusters"....

So my cousin Catherine was showing her daughter, and her daughter asks "why weren't you a ghostbuster?" and she goes "Cuz there wasn't a girl ghostbuster"

"But there are now..."

"Well if you want to be a ghostbuster this year, maybe your uncle can help you out... he likes to build things"

So I asked "Which proton pack you want? Original or new version?"

"New one..."

Alright I have an assignment! It'd be great if I could get all her other cousins involved and make a team, but at the same time, I don't really know how I'm going to build one, yet alone 4.

View attachment 660349
The Feig pack is so easy to make. We made one in two weekends, just to see if we can flush the piece of ****** down the toilet. BTW, this pack will be destroyed in effigy for Feig and his stupid reboot.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Once, again, missing the point. The movie didn't fail because of a small group of whiny fans. If YOU MAKE A GOOD MOVIE, no amount of whining will matter. Period. Their failure is on their own backs. People went to see it, not the fan boys, walked out thinking it sucked and told other people as much, which killed it quick. The movie failed because the fan boys were RIGHT in their legitimate criticism of this thing. Let the big boys and girls be big boys and girls and take responsibility for their failure to produce a movie that the average movie goer was willing to sit through. A few thousand middle aged men who like to run around dressed like frickin Ghostbusters didn't kill the movie. The tens of millions who didn't want to see it based on the trailers and awful word or mouth didn't kill it. The creative forces behind it did.
Exactly.

i have always said that the number of fans that dress up in GB costumes are relatively few in number and do not make a difference.

This is probably one of the most hypocritical things I have ever seen posted on ANY forum, not just this one. I would explain my thoughts on it but @AJTaliesen beat me to the punch and summed up my feelings perfectly. *highfive*

But if were are seriously taking bets, Im willing to bet it will be either Karmajay, or D_Osborn. :lol

Wow for someone who wants to **** and moan whenever someone "attacks" your buds in this thread you sure do like to cast stones.

Exactly.

i have always said that the number of fans that dress up in GB costumes are relatively few in number and do not make a difference.

Sony would have the public believe the old GB fanbase is too small to justify the GB relaunch being catered to them, but then a portion of that fanbase can get angry and single-handedly sink their new movie.

Sony would have the public believe the old GB fanbase is too small to justify the GB relaunch being catered to them, but then a portion of that fanbase can get angry and single-handedly sink their new movie.
Yes, Sony loves being hypcritical. In all seriousness, the fan base of GB is minuscule compared to Star Wars, Marvel and DC. Being a member of the 501st and Rebel Legion and helping run a GB franchise, I have witnessed this first hand. During some appearances, it is like the GBs are treated like the second act. It also seems that the popularity of TMNT and Power Rangers out do GB.

And remain angry and not be afraid to fight back. while that new fan base sony hoped to indoctrinate with this new movie has moved on to the next cause.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=ghostbusters2016.htm

this is a little odd.

Feigbusters had dropped to 440 theaters and is out of all the major markets already by now.
yet, for some reason today is just jumped back up to 1,011 theaters and only brought in a shameful $240,000.

why would theaters 'bring it back' for a weekend only if it was failing so miserably? especially since it's pretty clear sony would probably be HAPPY to have it out of theaters at this point...

i don't know all the decisions made in this mess are so bizarre...

That is pretty cool. I'd never seen that before.

it was one of the few things that helped make me smile about this mess of a franchise recently..

Saw this elsewhere..

even charles dickens novels aren't safe.

>>http://screenrant.com/oliver-twist-tv-show-sexy-nbc/>>>

the funny part of the description is the person who's writing it. someone who wrote the 'fruit ninja's' movie is helping to translate and update a charles dickens movie.
I guess the kardashians are going to update a Shakespeare play next ;)

It's funny how IDW gets it so right...

Here is this scene... All Women. even the ghost is a woman. and I don't think...'God, this is so pandering...this is so PC'....
In this case, I Think 'God, this is so creeping awesome.. i need to see this in live action....'

You don't thinkn a boutthe characters sex, you think of them as characters and you want to know what happens next. even the sort of ditzy blonde jen is awesome, because even though she isn't a scientist, she catches on enough to figure out the basic workings on things like the containment unit (oddly, in this case, a function the RGB universe one has, but this more movie verse version doesn't ;o))..

It just amazes me how the crew at IDW can do things so gosh darn RIGHT in both the TMNT and Ghostbusters universes... but the Nickelodian people with their new series and movies, and the sony people just...don't... get it. or even care to try to understand it.

We all know what's wrong with ghostbusters at this point. but the turtles verse is in just as bad a shape. with an animated series that has no sense of planning behind it, and comes across as ideas being thrown at a dart board.. and a movie who's lead guy in charge wanted to turn the turtles into aliens rather than mutants..

sigh.
nice to know someone outthere gets how old characters work..and knows how to introduce new characters properly.
14233062_10154348510145211_2456480602744474489_n.jpg

It's funny how IDW gets it so right...

Here is this scene... All Women. even the ghost is a woman. and I don't think...'God, this is so pandering...this is so PC'....
In this case, I Think 'God, this is so creeping awesome.. i need to see this in live action....'

You don't thinkn a boutthe characters sex, you think of them as characters and you want to know what happens next. even the sort of ditzy blonde jen is awesome, because even though she isn't a scientist, she catches on enough to figure out the basic workings on things like the containment unit (oddly, in this case, a function the RGB universe one has, but this more movie verse version doesn't ;o))..

It just amazes me how the crew at IDW can do things so gosh darn RIGHT in both the TMNT and Ghostbusters universes... but the Nickelodian people with their new series and movies, and the sony people just...don't... get it. or even care to try to understand it.

We all know what's wrong with ghostbusters at this point. but the turtles verse is in just as bad a shape. with an animated series that has no sense of planning behind it, and comes across as ideas being thrown at a dart board.. and a movie who's lead guy in charge wanted to turn the turtles into aliens rather than mutants..

sigh.
nice to know someone outthere gets how old characters work..and knows how to introduce new characters properly.
https://scontent.fewr1-2.fna.fbcdn....=149ea0685787926699e7e4a2e9cec8aa&oe=58848207

Apples and oranges.

It's a difference of long-form storytelling (comics, novels, television) versus short-form storytelling (movies, short stories). Long-form storytelling allows for more room for characterization and backstory. Short-form, less so.

Lets see if I can put this in the right thread this time. The production design artist has been posting a lot of concept artwork from the film on his instagram account over the last week. There's also a lot of the Army's "proton tank".

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg
image5.jpg

Apples and oranges.

It's a difference of long-form storytelling (comics, novels, television) versus short-form storytelling (movies, short stories). Long-form storytelling allows for more room for characterization and backstory. Short-form, less so.

I dunno..

I get what you're saying....but...
you don't get much back story on these new characters. they are just kind of there.

In this case I think it's more of an issue with someone who knows what they are doing in the universe and someone who doesn't.

Supposedly there is an article on the New York Times, Former feigbusters champion, saying that it cost sony more money to put this mess back in theaters for labor day weekend only, than it otherwise would have. but i can't seem to find the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back