Getting back into the game

yoslvr442

So I am coming back after a few year hiatus. Been looking around a little bit and noticed a lot of DIY and pepakura info. Are the there still guys(ie hez, manowar, ursurper, etc) around and producing quality parts and pieces? When I built my Scar years ago the Vinman templates is what I used but all the raw skins I preferred to buy from members. I just don't have the time to do a scratch build. I am glad to see the site is still going and with a lot cool info.

vinmanmac's templates are enough for a simple scratch build. Once I get my cannon setup done, I will have a good parts list and supplier site links of where to buy things. Snake Pit studios makes a good spandex skin suit for not too much. I was looking at inksewnusa.com but I will have to make a custom skin print to upload to the top and bottom pieces for a much cheaper option. Pelletta makes a great wrist gauntlet.

It's going. Slow, been focusing on getting my shop built. Almost done with that. Should start picking back up. Right now I have upper and lower skins, feet, and half mask. Need to get a little more money so I can get a bio.

Yoslvr442 A few of the older members have left which is a shame as we lost a huge amount of knowledge, but luckily lots of that is left behind in various posts.

What skins have you got? Mr I or full latex?

I need to get my ass into gear as I have been going on for nearly 8 years since I started and still have nothing I can wear!!!

Yoslvr442 A few of the older members have left which is a shame as we lost a huge amount of knowledge, but luckily lots of that is left behind in various posts.

I need to get my ass into gear as I have been going on for nearly 8 years since I started and still have nothing I can wear!!!

what knowledge has been lost?

I actually have been tracking down all my old contacts from the old days. I have mannowar skins and feet. Hurley half mask. Will be getting a Hez bio.

Agree, shame a lot of the old guys left. Drama is never good.

Everything has definitely changed just in the past couple of years alone. printing is becoming so easy now that you could get printed spandex skins from inksewnusa.com. Costuming is actually becoming dirt cheap and loads easier thanks to 3d printing.

What I probably should have said rather than knowledge lost was the people and the boundaries they pushed. Lee's silicone suit as one example. There are threads here detailing the information but if you didn't know how to track down Lee, it would be hard to get any answers to questions you may have.

That's where I found him was on facebook. A couple others I had to search and find through my old PM's. Glad I was able to make contact with them.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back