Getting an airsoft gun to fit into a trigun kit

loveyuri

Hi there,

So I have a trigun kit from DNG/poseidon and I finally decided to make it.
I bought a marushin m29(since it has the removable bullets) and the Tokyo marui m29(which was recommended for the kit) is soo old that it is hard to get your hands on.
I bought the marushin m29 and tried to measure it up the the kit. However, the gun's dimension is huge compared to the Tokyo marui m29.
My main problem is that I want to keep the gun as accurate as possible, but making it functional. However, the gas tank is soo huge that it extends 1 inch below the hand grip...

So I'm looking at suggestion on what to do here... I was thinking of extending the grip and adding epoxy putty and reforming the shape. However, I really don't want to mess with the accuracy of the gun...

Let me know what ideas you guys have

Thanks
-LoveYuRi

You don't have many options. The problem with the Anime version of the gun is that the cylinder is extended and the grip has a very sharp angle away from the frame. There are airsoft revolvers that use the cylinder as the gas reservoir, but due to the elongated cylinder these can't be used without cutting down the frame of the gun (which has been done). The other option is to modify and extend the grip for a tank, which has also been done. Both scenarios require cutting up the kit extensively. The Manga version of the gun, which Poseidon also made, is designed as a conversion kit for a gas powered airsoft because the cylinder is a standard size on that version.

Getting the gun to fire from the bottom cylinder also requires modifications to the donor airsoft gun. I've attatched some images for you. These are from two different builds, one using the cylinder as the gas reservoir and one using a tank in the grip.

2.jpg3.jpg6.jpg
4.jpg2-2.jpg2-4.jpg
2-3.jpg1.JPG2-1.jpg

Last edited:
You don't have many options. The problem with the Anime version of the gun is that the cylinder is extended and the grip has a very sharp angle away from the frame. There are airsoft revolvers that use the cylinder as the gas reservoir, but due to the elongated cylinder these can't be used without cutting down the frame of the gun (which has been done). The other option is to modify and extend the grip for a tank, which has also been done. Both scenarios require cutting up the kit extensively. The Manga version of the gun, which Poseidon also made, is designed as a conversion kit for a gas powered airsoft because the cylinder is a standard size on that version.

Getting the gun to fire from the bottom cylinder also requires modifications to the donor airsoft gun. I've attatched some images for you. These are from two different builds, one using the cylinder as the gas reservoir and one using a tank in the grip.

View attachment 360014View attachment 360019View attachment 360024
View attachment 360020View attachment 360016View attachment 360018
View attachment 360017View attachment 360013View attachment 360015

I seen all the builds that was on poseidon's website and went with the gas tank in the grip since I wanted the removable bullets.
I was VERY VERY interested in the one that uses a tokyo marui m19. http://www.poseidon.co.jp/5F/vash_a/vash_7.html
I understand most of the stuff he done besides that he somehow changed the cylinder. I'm just wondering what cylinder he's using. Upon inspecting the pictures, I think he made a custom cylinder with cylinder bullets. (not sure tho).
For the internals, I see what he's done to get it to shoot from the bottom. That will just be cutting up the frame and readjusting it's position to the bottom instead of the top side.

My marushin doesn't work as well since the size of this whole gun is too huge. Cylinder, gas tank, etc... I'm planning on buying a new gun (mostly the tokyo marui m19 as it seems to fit pretty well).

The Marushin Mateba Model 2007 fires from the bottom cylinder, but it too had a tank in the grip, and at a more vertical angle than your kit, I think. It's also not a top-break revolver. There is a cap-firing top-break revolver, the Enfield No. 2 Mk. I made by Marushin, but this is old and out of production.... Not cheap, either of them...

Attachments

• 149589332_o.jpg
    149589332_o.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 512
  • pmake_jp-img600x399-1365903866jge6mk33005.jpg
    pmake_jp-img600x399-1365903866jge6mk33005.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 291
The Marushin Mateba Model 2007 fires from the bottom cylinder, but it too had a tank in the grip, and at a more vertical angle than your kit, I think. It's also not a top-break revolver. There is a cap-firing top-break revolver, the Enfield No. 2 Mk. I made by Marushin, but this is old and out of production.... Not cheap, either of them...

I would love to get a marushin mateba. However, I can't justify myself to break apart that gun.... The Mateba is an awesome gun and I just can't destroy it haha.
Also, it's pricey too :/ The Tokyo marui m19 are around $130-150.

I got the Mateba with the plastic grips, just because it was cheaper at the time. I've held on to it ever since, though, and I kinda wish I'd gotten the wooden version. Not something you can easily upgrade...

BTW, don't bother searching eBay for "Togusa" – There's more gay doujinshi than I expected.... Not that there's anything wrong with that...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back