Gargoyles / 1972 Film

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I loved the 1972 film, Gargoyles. Winston had some great creatures in this flick.

Anyone have anything at all from the film?

That was a good film and one that is all too often forgotten. I especially liked the whole sequence in the cabin with the skeleton (that would be a cool prop).

Let's not forget Bernie (U.N. Jefferson) Casey as the head Gargoyle.

This was a good ol' creepy movie. Holds up well...

That and the slooooow motion attacks scared the hell out of me as a kid. In fact, this film caused a few problems when I'd visit my Grandparents house.

They had one of those old TV antennas that went up the side of the house for miles. Anyway, when the wind would blow it sounded like the roof was coming off with that thing bouncing back and forth.

My Uncle would tell me, " HUSH, LISTEN....those gargoyles are on the roof...." :angry

Many sleepless nights.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Funky Jedi @ Apr 28 2006, 10:53 PM) [snapback]1235263[/snapback]</div>
God, I haven't seen that movir in twenty years. Is it even available on DVD?
[/b]

Yeah Best Buy had it for $5.99 when I picked it up

All over Ebay, too. Lotta different covers. Might have slipped to public domain, now.

I've had this guy sitting on my shelf for a few years now. It's the only Gargoyles related item I've ever found. An old garage kit... Big too.

Cool movie. There's not that much propage that I recall other than the skeleton ,eggs, umm. the SFX/MU itself was cool.. good for that time period...Yeah scared me too when I saw it...(But not as much as that damned doll from Trilogy of Terror..LOL)
Jayn

I have seen some nice 1:1 busts out there but that is all....I will tell you between that and the Excorcist my childhood had its fair share of nigthtmares....VERY creepy movie and the way it was shot, the way they talked, moved....ugggh. Still disturbing----GREAT movie that it would remain with so many of us for so long.

Huge fan.. I always loved the sound effects on Bernys voice and the way they lit his contact lenses. Someone did a pretty damn good Mask of him that I always see in high end collections but I've never seen one up for sale...

On my DVD cabinet. A must have. I love it, and remember as a kid when they showed it on TV. Scared the bee-jeebies out of me back then. Fun to see a really young Scott Glenn, and didn't Stan Winston win an Emmy for those costumes? It was a made for TV movie. Fun that I'm not the only one that has fond memories of that often overlooked flick.

Now, does anyone know where to get a copy of Killdozer, or Bermuda Depths on DVD?

I loved that movie as a kid, haven't seen it in a while, The one scene that I remember the most is that big skeleton in the shed. Great... Now I have to look for it on DVD. :)

WOAH. Ry, thanks for bringing back some excellent memories. I saw that back when it came out, I was eight, I think. I LOVED it. I kept waiting for it to be shown again so I could see it again, but alas, that never happened. Truth, I don't remember much of it at all, but I do remember loving it at the time. I didn't find it all that scary even, just COOL. :)

Jay

Bernie Casey, huh? Freaky. I loved that movie when I as a kid. It freaked me out, but I was old enough not to have nightmares about it. I got more freaked by The Fly and Trilogy of Terror.

Does anyone remember when the head Gargoyle and Diana are in the cave, and he just wants her to read to him? He's kind of sad, really. Wasn't there a horrible fire later on?

This is just SCREAMING for the Sci-Fi channel to do a remake, although Id'rather they didn't.

"Diana...read."

-E

Ah-HA. They have it at Screcrow video, local rental only. I have a friend who loves that movie, and would love to make a copy for me. Hmmmm...

;)

-E

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back