Game, The (1997)

RafalFett

Sr Member
MAKE BELIEVE encouraged me to view this movie; saw it last Sunday and it was great! It is a David Fincher movie starring Michael Douglas and Sean Penn. There are some good paper props which had to be made. The most prominent props are from CRS (Consumer Recreation Services):
Image18.png Image30.png Image29.png CRS Invitation Card Front.png CRS Invitation Card Back.png

The card should print at 105 x 78 mm.

Birthday Invitation ScreenCap Composition.png Birthday Invitation.png
(Note that this image is a composition from a scroll down sequence). This is a standard Letter size (216 x 279 mm).

There's also a made up ad from the Yellow Pages for the New Moon Restaurant:
Image25.png Yellow Pages Ad.png

I assumed that the Yellow Pages page is 280 x 300 mm, so this ad should print at 150 x 154 mm.

At the New Moon Restaurant is an autographed photo of Jim Feingold (among other celebrities):
Image27.png Jim's Photo 1.png Jim's Photo 2.png

1st photo with the autograph redone, while the 2nd photo with the autograph slightly enhanced. The photos should print at 270 x 210 mm.

Another photo is the one with young Nicholas (Michael Douglas' character) and his mother:
Image23.png Nicholas & Mom.png

Its size is at 200 x 125 mm.

Another photo is a Polaroid (actually there are lots of these scattered in a hotel room, but some of these can't be shared publicly without a permanent ban):
Image21.png Polaroid.png

You should print this at 90 x 84 mm.

All photos were enhanced with Topaz Photo AI. Everything else was remade from scratch.

There are other props that can be made with a bit of guesstimation:
Image9.png Image39.png Image41.png Image42.png

Last edited:
Made more of the paper props:
Image66.png Restaurant Note v1.png Restaurant Note v2.png

The unseen areas of the guest check receipt were done with similar items, while the logo of the restaurant is an existing, old logo of the real restaurant. I judged the dimensions of the page at 200 x 110 mm.

The back of page also have a numbered table, but the title is indecipherable:
Image82.png

And of course, the test cards:
Image39.png CRS Test Card No1.png
Image42.png CRS Test Card No2.png
Image41.png CRS Test Card No5.png

The 1st card was drawn from scratch (a pretty easy task), while card 2 and 5 were vectorized except the head of the lady, which was drawn because of the blurry, out of the focus portion. I managed to decipher most of the text on the bottom left corner, while the rest was guesstimated. These should print at 420 x 268 mm.

Last edited:
I updated the image of the Yellow Pages ad because the page was a bit wider than I first thought, more exactly 280 x 300 mm, so the ad should print at 150 x 154 mm (this was already added/modified in the 1st post).

Big thanks for MAKE BELIEVE for steering me to more paper props, more exactly the Jim Feingold CRS ID card and another version of the birthday invitation:
The-Game--Custom-framed-lot-of-screen-used-Props-1.jpg The-Game--Custom-framed-lot-of-screen-used-Props-1.png 343590424_945282593560007_303557429690126455_n_2.jpg 93372185_1935513753249236_1815906889939025920_n_2.jpg

The last 2 were posted on Cinema Nostalgia's Instagram and Facebook pages (I hope we are not violating some of the rules). The ID card is not quite correct, as the one seen in the movie is a bit different:
CRS ID Card Comp.png

The photo seems different and the writing in the blue rectangle contains only one row (this might be a preproduction or variant prop). In the end I mixed these to got my version:
CRS Jim Feingold ID Card.png

This should print at 90 x 54 mm.

The birthday invitation is mostly the same with the one posted in the 1st post, but this has the golden frame, just like the CRS invitation card. At first I thought that this was also a preproduction/variant prop, but I found it at the party at the end of the movie (you can see it briefly in one shot, behind the lady's arm):
Image80.png Birthday Invitation Card.png

The card should print at 150 x 110 mm. I think the one posted without the frame was specially made bigger for the close-up shot.

Last edited:
I updated the image of the Yellow Pages ad because the page was a bit wider than I first thought, more exactly 280 x 300 mm, so the ad should print at 150 x 154 mm (this was already added/modified in the 1st post).

Big thanks for MAKE BELIEVE for steering me to more paper props, more exactly the Jim Feingold CRS ID card and another version of the birthday invitation:
View attachment 1756868 View attachment 1756874 View attachment 1756869 View attachment 1756870

The last 2 were posted on Cinema Nostalgia's Instagram and Facebook pages (I hope we are not violating some of the rules). The ID card is not quite correct, as the one seen in the movie is a bit different:
View attachment 1756872

The photo seems different and the writing in the blue rectangle contains only one row (this might be a preproduction or variant prop). In the end I mixed these to got my version:
View attachment 1756875

This should print at 90 x 54 mm.

The birthday invitation is mostly the same with the one posted in the 1st post, but this has the golden border, just like the CRS invitation card. At first I thought that this was also a preproduction/variant prop, but I found it at the party at the end of the movie (you can see it briefly in one shot, behind the lady's arm):
View attachment 1756877 View attachment 1756878

The card should print at 150 x 110 mm. I think the one posted without the frame was specially made bigger for the close-up shot.
You're stealing my images ! LOL

I remember seeing The Game in the theatre back around 97. Has always remained one of my faves throughout the years. Delighted to see some love towards it, especially the paper props! Great work Rafal!
Yeap. A wonderful movie with a fantastic plot. Love Michael Douglas performance.

I remember seeing The Game in the theatre back around 97. Has always remained one of my faves throughout the years. Delighted to see some love towards it, especially the paper props! Great work Rafal!

Thanks! I don't know how/why I never saw this, but yeah, the movie was a pleasant surprise.

Just hate to some Grifter selling them as originals is all

I know what you mean. I have the same concern with those paper props I do using only screencaps as reference, but once I share them publicly, it's out of my control. In some cases (like the TWA wall calendar from The Maltese Falcon ==> Maltese Falcon, The and the theater program from Tombstone ==> Tombstone (1993)) I had put too much effort on creating these paper props, and while these are not 100% accurate, I only shared the covers and a page as hi-res images, the rest are low-res. I do these for fellow enthusiast like myself, not for those who like to take advantage on other's work/acquisitions.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back