Game of Thrones

So... Seven seasons and Jaime learned nothing, Sandor learned nothing, Dani learned nothing...
What the actual F were the last seven seasons for?
Do BigDickhead and LittleDickhead even watch their own show?
Fantastic spectacle, I'll give it that.
My prediction: Arya's gonna murder Dani. Whatever...
#NotMyDani

That's basically what they've done. Traded in good storytelling for spectacle. I think Dan and Dave have read too much of their own press and believed all of it. Hopefully the books will be better. This show has taken so much goodwill and just crapped all over it. Such a shame.

What an absolute downer

It's funny. Seasons ago, the images of Unsullied and Dothaki charging through the gates while Drogon burned down the red keep would have been greeted with cheers.

No so much now.

Dany has become her father and will most likely die like her father, stabbed in the back by someone sworn to protect her

This show actually made me angry. So, mad queen indeed. Dany's character arc is THIS?!? Her noble ideals, freeing slaves, giving people hope, just gone. Jaime should have grown and realized the evil that is his sister. Instead, total regression. This show has to do a lot to win me back in the final episode. I'm guessing someone kills Dany and Jon takes the throne. Will the dragon switch sides or also need to be killed? It's too much power in anyone's hands.

01BC51A6-29A7-4109-A3CB-73EE9FA7CA47.gif

When a reporter asked Kit describe the final season in 1 word he said “disappointing” before laughing it off to a different word. I think that was his true feelings. I know that word fits perfectly now.

Good thing the golden company showed up hahaha

Archmaester Rigney once wrote that history is a wheel, for the nature of man is fundamentally unchanging. What has happened before will perforce happen again.

I think because I never actually liked Dany that I very much enjoyed this episode. Although I'm not convinced this was always their intended character arc for her (yet looking back, the ruins of the Red Keep in season 2 were quite telling), I never liked her due to her narcism despite whatever she did as a liberator. Seeing her become a villain burning down the city while Arya and Jon were watching in distress was quite satisfying for me since personally I have little tolerance for arrogance and feelings of entitlement coming from a supposed birth right. Let her be a villain.

The setup for this could have been much better planned however. The change to madness was quite abrupt with not much convincing buildup. Maybe sprinkle some little scenes throughout the other seasons showing her fearing that she could become like her father to make it more believable.

So... Seven seasons and Jaime learned nothing, Sandor learned nothing, Dani learned nothing...
What the actual F were the last seven seasons for?
Do BigDickhead and LittleDickhead even watch their own show?
Fantastic spectacle, I'll give it that.
My prediction: Arya's gonna murder Dani. Whatever...
#NotMyDani

Sandor learned enough to tell Arya to leave before she ended up like him, in the end he just wants revenge and if he left he'd have nothing else driving him. People say they want to be surprised and that GoT has gotten "too fantasy" but then when the show plays it straight, they complain. Not everyone learns from their mistakes, not everyone has a grand epiphany about their place in the universe, sometimes things just suck.

I think the show needed more time to get to this point, but my only major complaint about this episode is the duel with Jaime and Euron, which felt extremely forced and pandering. Have Euron die on the boat, and have Jaime mortally wounded by some random soldier while trying to get to Cersei, characters still end up in the same place.

People need to seperate their personal theories from what the show actaully is. They've stumbled with the pacing and I think a lot of GoT's classic narrative was lost because of how they decided to speed things up, but I expect the characters would've ended up in similar places.

Dany waiting on a dragon while the entire city surrenders to her and then deciding to burn it down, soldiers and civilians alike, is a bit more than the show "playing it straight." It's taking our investment into the motivations of that character and saying NAH, she's angry, let it burn. Her main goal was to rule as someone who would not be like the tyrants of old. A queen to be loved who believed in true justice. She, very quickly, became worse than her father. She went from a noble character to irredeemable in this episode. So I will mourn the loss of the Dany I enjoyed in the past. She's gone now.

It's funny why people think Jamie would have learned. He spent 8 seasons trying to get back Cersei at every turn. He even got his dream of "dying in the arms of the women he loves".

I think people are so mad because they bought into the taking the prophecy as gospel.

Likewise, with Dany, they have been telegraphing her problems for 8 seasons. She has made so many bad choices along the way and has constantly struggled with not becoming her father.

I agree that they did not do enough to always convincingly get from point a to b these past two seasons and took some shortcuts, but overall I think it really makes sense where everyone wound up and looking back, should not really be much of a surprise. They maybe tried to trick us along the way that they weren't going to end up like that, but...

When the series started out, I actually thought Dany was being set up to be the "bad guy". Reading the books, I was confused whether I was supposed to like he, but then she started to become the hero and savior and I started believing in her hype. In the end she became more like I thought she would be in the beginning. An arrogant, spoiled child with no one able to control her worse impulses

It is a very strange feeling. I both hate and at the same time, admire how it is ending

I think Tyrion's quote sum's it up best

“I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid.”

Last edited:
I have no problems with Daenerys character in this episode, its been hinted at throughout the show. For all of her talk of freedom and breaking the wheel, shes always been willing to resort to violence when she doesnt get her way. It was her advisors that talked her out of her worst impulses. Now shes basically on her own (Jorah dead, Varys executed, Tyrion on the outs) and shes free to indulge in her Targaryen-ness. She said herself, theres no chance she can rule over a loving populace. Shes not the liberator, shes the foreign invader. So it has to be fear. And lets not forget, for all the flak people are giving Benioff and Weiss, this isnt stuff they're just pulling out of their ass. Martin has given them the plot details of the final books to work from so if you dont like how its unfolding, blame the man himself.

Maybe how it gets there is more fleshed out in the books and less rushed than how they had to wrap up this season. Events still the same, but character development or downfall is much more expanded.

I loved it.

I gotta LOL at all the Danny fanboys and girls who are despairing over their hero gone bad! Think of all the people who got Danarys tattoos and named their first born after her!

Drogon's attack was like an A-10 thunderbolt with a nuclear flamethrower. Too powerful? Well it's fantasy and magic after all.

I am also disappointed in Jaimie's character arc however. Loved the Clegane Bowl by contrast.

I see a lot of similar issues between Dany's fall as being too fast just like Anakin's was. I had been figuring she would go bad for a while too. But she KNEW Cersei didn't care about the people so I didn't really care for her doing strafing runs on the city BEFORE taking out the castle. I fully expected that...because...you know...that's where your ENEMY IS.
I really feel like the biggest problems for both of these two seasons(other than the books not being out), is trying to cram them into "longer" episodes for a shorter seasons, for whatever reason it was. Time was already speeding things up to "unbelievable" levels after season 4. Shortening the seasons just meant it was going to go all that much faster, and all loose ends seemed really unrefined and forced.

Jaime's character arc..... whatever. Just as disappointing as the results of "the North Remembers"...

So much of these books fandom ideas came from the prophecies, speeches and so many hidden things, it just feels so unfulfilled. Why even have Maggie the Frog in the show if the prophecy isn't going to be fulfilled? Azhor Ahai....pretty much fizzled out. Mellisandra proved to people R'hllor was real, even to Varys...yet...nothing after her death.

WHY would the Hound be running around King's Landing in a hood on barely hiding his face?!?!?!?! And Arya....a trained faceless man, in normal STARK soldier armor. You know...the enemy force right outside the gate....

Why are you going to siege a castle WITHOUT all those trebuchets you had at Winterfell? guess they were used to burn all the dead....*facepalm*

I'm glad it's almost over and I really enjoyed this even more super epic elite battle between armies....

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back