Game of Thrones Prop Valuation>

luckylegion

hi I currently have the used on set production prop dragon eggs used in season 1 of game of thrones, complete with chest and blanket.
I was wondering as to the value of such an item as I currently have no idea what this kind of thing would be worth

If, they are the real deal, I am sure you can get more than a few people to throw some serious coin at you, especially if you have a paper trail or you are a contest winner. The best way, is to consign them to a major auction where the best prices are had, although it takes months for the sale to occur and 45 days more to be paid.

Great. Then it's just a matter of how fast you want to get paid? Magical things happen in live auctions with pieces doing many times their estimates, but, if you want immediate cash, then you can list them online for whatever you want (I am not aware of any comps to ascertain value) meaning you will either get it or people will make offers. I have to think they will be very popular.

Take a look back at the paperwork and double check the wording, because I thought some of those contests stated items in a way that they came off screen used but weren't. That is simply heard through the grapevine, as I never read the details myself. If they are the real deal, with GOT hype and being key pieces, I would say at least $30-50 k at auction with enough advertisement.

I agree that the paperwork and screen matching is all important, but think your estimate would be the result on a fantastic day at Profiles, but not the value they would accept them for consignment. And, I doubt, any direct sale would come close to that amount.

Yeah, I remember one of the auctions where they gave away a crate with the eggs. The wording was all stuff like:
The dragon eggs as seen in The Game of Thrones.
That's fancy wording for replicas made just like the ones actually used (possibly even made by the same person).
If the documentation doesn't _clearly_ state that they are the actual, 'screen-used' eggs, then they are likely very nice replicas. Similar to the LOTR props in the recent auctions. Weta made props, but made to be given to licensees, not screen used.
Since they can be traced back to the studio tho, they'll still do well in an auction even if they are replicas... But if you can prove they are screen used, then they could easily be worth quite a bit...

They're a cool item, but I think the 30k-50k valuation might be a little ambitious. I never got the impression they were screen used from the competition info. I know some sites sensationalized it a bit though. The same thing was done for the competitions of the GoT crowns.
These are from the HBO site:

hbo_truebood_facebook520_got_sweeps.jpg

A set & as seen on - just says they're replicas to me. Plus the heading of the post below (also from HBO) linking you to enter the competition simply describes them as 'dragon eggs inspired by game of thrones'

http://insidehboshop.hbo.com/2011/0...t-of-dragon-eggs-inspired-by-game-of-thrones/

I would think if they were actually originals, they would have been screaming about that fact.. certainly not calling them inspired by the show.

That being said, they're still the best replica out there, as close to the originals as we're probably going to get our hands on, many GoT fans like myself would still love to own a collectable like these.

Last edited:
I seem to remember seeing 2 eggs on display somewhere and a sign stating that one of the eggs was given to the author as a wedding present or something...

Congrats on winning them. I think they are master replicas too. I recall hearing that 1 or 2 of the eggs were gifts to a couple people working on the show. The contest says " a set as seen on the show". Not the set used on the show. But the wording on coa could shed some light on it.

Makes me kinda think of the Bane contest masks from the DKR. Wasnt that also one made by the same maker, yet never screen used and Just made for the contest?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back