Gambit (early 2000s version)

Blanco

Gambit was my very first cosplay. I always liked the character. Like many comic book fans of my generation, I grew up watching the 90s cartoon and thought Gambit was a really character. Nowdays, I appreciate Remy Lebeau for his Cajun background. As an francophone Acadian from Canada, I relate to his cultural heritage (Cajun is the corruption of the word Acadian, which became Cadien, and then later Cajun). I also enjoy cosplaying as Gambit because I can do a Gambit and Rogue with my girlfriend.

The very first time I dressed up for Gambit was for Halloween several years ago. Naturally the costume has gone through many revisions since then. I made this illustration to map out my progress:

2i3qzq.jpg

I always liked this version of the costume and it's bit easier to replicate in real life than the fuschia body armour look of his traditional costume.

29kxix5.jpg

Here are some recent photos:

2433pc1.jpg

317dwch.jpg

3506xvt.jpg

zxmss3.jpg

Recently, I've been doing some work on the jacket. I added some more padding around the collar and lapels.

14ky552.jpg

Hopefully, I'll get to showcase the addition to a con soon.

I'd like to know what people think! Any critiques or advice on what I could improve on?

Eventually, I would like to also tackle Gambit's more recent costumes.

Like this one:

2cys70x.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back