Galaxy Quest (tv series)

I wonder how they're going to approach this, are they going to do a sort of continuation of the movie with the cast doing the 'series' or are they going to have the crew go back into space and help the Thermians(?) once again?

I would be shocked if they got all the original cast back so I imagine this might be like a "Next Generation" of the original defunct series from the film?

By Grabthar's Hammer! This pleases me!

I'm hoping the series will be about the folks making the fictional "Galaxy Quest" program (Jason Nesmith & co., or a TNG-equivalent.) If it's about Taggart and the crew, not breaking the fourth wall, then they should make it as cheesy as possible.

I would be shocked if they got all the original cast back so I imagine this might be like a "Next Generation" of the original defunct series from the film?
My first thought was about the cast. For some reason I have difficulty believing Sigourney Weaver would want to do a weekly television series, and Daryl Mitchell was paralyzed below the waist in a motorcycle accident in November of 2001. Regardless of the premise, they're going to have a difficult time capturing that lightning in another bottle.

My first thought was about the cast. For some reason I have difficulty believing Sigourney Weaver would want to do a weekly television series, and Daryl Mitchell was paralyzed below the waist in a motorcycle accident in November of 2001. Regardless of the premise, they're going to have a difficult time capturing that lightning in another bottle.

Agree about Weaver, but I don't think Mitchell being in a wheelchair would be an issue. Could easily be written in. I doubt Rickman would do the weekly thing either though.

We shall see!

Oh as far as the Original cast happening no way in hell!!

I just don't see Sigourney and Alan schlepping every day to the Studio to do a weekly TV Series

Oh as far as the Original cast happening no way in hell!!

I just don't see Sigourney and Alan schlepping every day to the Studio to do a weekly TV Series

I wouldn't dismiss the idea right out of hand, maybe as little as 10 -15 years ago but now a days the barrier between TV & movie actors pretty much doesn't exist with actors that were formerly regarded as just movie actors doing TV shows and primarily TV actors doing movies and with some going back and forth regularly. Not that I think that Sigourney and Alan would necessarily commit to a TV series but I just don't think that it's impossible, not now a days; not with TV acting no longer being considered less prestigious or desirable compared to movie work.

Depends on the Actor and the barrier is still there.

Quite a few would NEVER touch Television.

Prestige has nothing to do with it, simply put the ungodly hours TV requires is a turnoff to many.

Nothing like racking in 15 hour days 6 days a week for 9 months. :wacko

I wouldn't dismiss the idea right out of hand, maybe as little as 10 -15 years ago but now a days the barrier between TV & movie actors pretty much doesn't exist with actors that were formerly regarded as just movie actors doing TV shows and primarily TV actors doing movies and with some going back and forth regularly. Not that I think that Sigourney and Alan would necessarily commit to a TV series but I just don't think that it's impossible, not now a days; not with TV acting no longer being considered less prestigious or desirable compared to movie work.

Tim Allen's available isn't he? Lol
Not really; he's currently co-starring in a show called Last Man Standing on ABC. And according to IMDb.com, Sigourney Weaver is going to be busy with sequels to Avatar until 2019. Tony Shalhoub has done television before, and he doesn't seem to have much going on right now; maybe Fred Kwan will get promoted to Captain. :lol

Not really; he's currently co-starring in a show called Last Man Standing on ABC. And according to IMDb.com, Sigourney Weaver is going to be busy with sequels to Avatar until 2019. Tony Shalhoub has done television before, and he doesn't seem to have much going on right now; maybe Fred Kwan will get promoted to Captain. :lol

Last Man Standing and Avatar- while good programs, have no ways near the level of galactic importance that Galaxy Quest has :D

I see this as a reboot with a whole new cast, OR a reboot with a CLEVER way to introduce a whole new cast! :lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back