Full size Pred for auction

Well, that sucks are they plan on selling the company or no longer going to make creatures anymore now that SW has passed?

Stan handed over the company to two of his long time employees on his deathbed ..they renamed it Legacy and are extremely active in the prop and costuming Biz, having just competed suits for Avatar, Iron Man 2 and so on

Ok, so I'm confused based on the listing for the item is it from THE display room of Stan Winston Studios or is it just a recast of the original mold sitting in the display room? Here is what it says verbatim.

(TCF, 1987, 1990) One of the most impressive and fearsome figures from the famed display room at Stan Winston Studio, this was created from the original molds and painted in the scheme from the first Predator film by the same artists responsible for designing and sculpting the original characters for the film. The gauntlets and wrist armor are from the original molds from the second film, and the spear is an original prop from Predator 2. For the display, many of the pieces are repositioned and remolded and cast in fiberglass and other resins. The Predator stands on a jungle-terrain base and stands an imposing 9 ½ ft. tall (on base measuring 6 ft. wide x 4 ft. deep).

Please clarify for me if anyone can.

Yup the exact one. Here's me standing in front of it. God, I love these pics

6aded531.jpg

6aded531.jpg

That Arnold Terminator to the left of that picture is also up on auction right now, along with the Predator.

PS- Lucky guy, George!

Yup the exact one. Here's me standing in front of it. God, I love these pics

6aded531.jpg

I just hope that it gets a good home and it is well taken care of because this means a lot to us Predator fans. I think it should have been auctioned here as opposed to the general public. Did you work @ SW Studios or did you just visit?

6aded531.jpg

friends with Stan's daughter....she arranged the visit..Since Stan's passing, I have a couple of friends who now work at Legacy

this one is my favorite:

IMG_3713.jpg

IMG_3713.jpg

Someone who makes a whole lot more money than I do each year.
I feel you I have the same problem of course I have one more additional problem.

1) Don't have the $47,200 to spend even if I did I would probably spend it on my new baby boy.

2) Don't have the space to put it anywhere because I live in a one bedroom/one bathroom apartment.

I do know this that if I was able to win it I would treasure it more then any other part of my collection and would never sell it. I would put it back where it belongs, which is in Legacy showroom.

I do know this that if I was able to win it I would treasure it more then any other part of my collection and would never sell it. I would put it back where it belongs, which is in Legacy showroom.

Nice gesture, except that Legacy decided to get rid of it in the first place, so why would they want it back?

Nice gesture, except that Legacy decided to get rid of it in the first place, so why would they want it back?

Good Point, but I thought that the company was making enough money that they didn't need to sell any of those things. I just know that I would feel more comfortable if it was there rather then being sold due to the chances of it being damaged or worse lost. It kind of reminds me of the huge statue of Zeus it was moved from Greece and during a war it was destroyed.

Legacy did not own the pieces. They were Stan's Personal property. thats all I'm saying

*edit* though even when he was alive, he often donated items for charity auctions. when I was there I got to animate the servo controlled "Chip" and "Archer" from "Small Soldiers" ..they were being prepped for auction

Legacy did not own the pieces. They were Stan's Personal property. thats all I'm saying

*edit* though even when he was alive, he often donated items for charity auctions. when I was there I got to animate the servo controlled "Chip" and "Archer" from "Small Soldiers" ..they were being prepped for auction

I didn't know that I thought they were owned by the company you know that way they are part of their portfolio kind of thing.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back