Fujimi Blade Runner Police Spinner (yes, another one!). Pic heavy!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

banistersmind

The reason I cut the existing styrene and replaced it was so that I got the same quality of illumination in all the 'translucent' lighted areas. I tried backlighting the white styrene but it looked really very different from the areas I inserted the diffusion sheet (having a heavily yellowish cast as I recall). Also, the provided clear inserts in those areas looked completely different from the other lit areas, even when the car was unilluminated (and leaving them out would lose the flush appearance of those areas. Having places that were supposedly 'the same'on the car looking so different triggered my OCD(!) so I decided that I'd treat all the lit areas in the same way for consistency. It would certainly have been easier to have backlit the white styrene, though, you're right! :D
Food for thought indeed. Thanks for that!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.