Frightful Acts.....

GCarnevale

Hello all, (and I hope this is the right place for this)

Last year I placed an order with Frightful Acts, to have them make me a replica Man Of Steel Costume. (Full 3d raised surface the works) the quoted me $1250, which I gladly payed judging by the quality of their work that I had seen. they were really good with communication up until Dec when they said that it was ready to ship. After the New Year had come and gone, I hadn't heard anything so I asked for clarification. To this day I have yet to receive a response from them regarding this matter.

I am wondering if anyone else has had dealings with Frightful Acts and had such grievous customer service?

thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Gord.

I too placed an order with them prior to Halloween last year and to date am still waiting for that order. I've written to them on numerous occasions requesting for updates but to no avail. Then, out of the blue, I got an email from Rob (the guy who runs FA) last month apologizing for the delay and lack of communications, explaining that they have had a large number of unfortunate circumstances happen over the course of the past couple of months that were unanticipated, including founding members leaving, Rob himself sustaining a back injury, and the storms near Boston that made it difficult for them to get into their shop for a month. He also mentioned that they are actually in the process of closing their business once all of their obligations to their pending customers are are in order. He also asked me if I wanted a refund (in payments) or to continue the wait, so I posed him a few questions in order to help me decide but I haven't heard from him since then. I'm still hoping for a favorable outcome though, as these guys make amazing masks.

Thanks kal, good to know I'm not the only one. no doubt those snow storms were killer. I too am hoping for a favourable outcome on this.

I've never dealt with them but as a Boston resident, if the shop is located near Boston as kalkamel said, I can certainly understand the delays (but not the lack of communication).

I too had ordered from them;a pair of silicone hands and they sent me pics around October and said they were shipping them out on 3 occasions spanning October to the week right before Christmas I filed two reports one with ripoff report and the other with BBB but still nothing and I haven't heard anything since.

Hate to hear of this... Ordered a MOS chest emblem off them. It arrived damaged, actually videoed me opening it.. Showed them.. It was heart breaking beautiful work... They sent me out a new one and a full sized General Zod emblem for the wait.. This was the early summer.... I hope the best for you and he does right by you..

Dear customers of rob,
I am a humble intern who had worked on all of your orders!! I stumbled upon this forum when looking for the Frightful Acts website, and will hopefully shed some light that is the woeful and empty husk that is, or that was Frightful Acts.
Last winter when rob had injured his back, he had also been fired from his full time job, and with the deal he had, was forced to move and uproot the entire Frightful Acts Operation, and I believe operations had been paused in early February. The last time we worked was right before the 50+" of snow. on top of this endeavor, Rob was also teaching a 4 week course on casting at the school I had gone to, which was also prematurely detonated when it came to losing his job.

He had found a much more permanent living situation this past may, but with that, he had needed to rebuild and also find new interns, and resettle in his home (I helped him move in and let me tell you it was T R A S H E D.)
The last time I had made contact with Rob was in early August, and the studio was ear completion. I think he had found a better job, but with a lot less flexible hours, and unfortunately ended up in the termination of the business.
It is what Rob loves doing most, and I don't think it will be permanently be gone, but his business partner who "co-owned" the name and everything pretty much walked out on rob late November of 2014, which this was the time I had came to join the team.

I'll try to contact rob once more about Frightful Acts and everything to see if it will be back soon, but in the meantime I don't see much coming from it.

I do however know that Man of Steel was at shipping completion, and you should have gotten it. as for the hands, I remember we were on our 2nd coat of paint. @kalkamel, if you had ordered the Kit Fisto Mask, I'm sorry because that was my first time ever sculpting something so in depth, and I was the one who had picked it up after the co-owner had walked out (which is why there was alot of drastic changes to it [for the better?]) was really excited to finish it since I had put a lot of time on it :( it never got to the casting phase so I don't know if the sculpture is in tact but (funfact) I had also never seen StarWars before so I'm sorry if any inaccuracies bothered you :Ccc

life happens to all of us,
an intern who also never finished her hours.

Hate to dig up an old thread but is there any news on production resuming? I am looking for a Maul mask, second hand if anyone has one for sale.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back