Freddy Sweater

Atarian

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm looking for an unlicensed Freddy sweater. I dont want to go to DMC unless I really have to because they stopped making them in medium and never respond to email. And stuff4nightmares.com doesnt answer email either (I've sent them about 8 since last August).

I'm not looking for a part 1 style because I like the stripes on the sleeves, and I'd like it to be medium to a smallish large.

Any help would really be appreciated, thanks. :)

(just a reminder: unlicensed, please. The licensed ones are very cheap and the stripes are in the wrong order)

Here you go http://www.customsweaters.com/ckboldstripes.htm
I have personally purchased several Freddy sweaters from her. I wanted to have the perfect part three sweater made so I sent her a package with ref pics and drawings as well as color swaths to match. She nailed it. After getting all of that info she now uses the correct colors on all of her (freddyesque)sweaters. Just give her a call, you will not be disappointed.

Lance/XtremeDesignFX

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Mar 13 2006, 04:42 PM
I'm looking for an unlicensed Freddy sweater. I dont want to go to DMC unless I really have to because they stopped making them in medium and never respond to email. And stuff4nightmares.com doesnt answer email either (I've sent them about 8 since last August).

I'm not looking for a part 1 style because I like the stripes on the sleeves, and I'd like it to be medium to a smallish large.

Any help would really be appreciated, thanks. :)

(just a reminder: unlicensed, please. The licensed ones are very cheap and the stripes are in the wrong order)
[snapback]1204783[/snapback]​

I called her up and she just said I can order the red and green sweater from her site when I mentioned freddy/nightmare on elm st. What colors do I select for the main and secondary colors?

Thanks.

I believe that the colors you will want are dark red and loden, which is what the pic shows on the link I provided. If you just go with red and green it does not look correct. So make sure you state that when you place your order.

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Mar 13 2006, 06:01 PM
I called her up and she just said I can order the red and green sweater from her site when I mentioned freddy/nightmare on elm st. What colors do I select for the main and secondary colors?

Thanks.
[snapback]1204810[/snapback]​

I know this is an old thread, however a google search pulled this up.

I emailed this lady for a sweater quote.

Just wanted you to know that she is now charging $395 for a sweater. For those prices it would be cheaper to go with a DMC sweater and deal with the size difference.

Her reasons for the high price seem simple enough ..

Take a read for yourself.

Thank you for your email inquiring about the style “Bold Stripes” which is pictured on my website, a dark red and green striped crewneck pullover. Yes, I can knit this for you. The sweater costs $395.00, and is available in either version “Bold Stripes 3” or “Bold Stripes 4”. From the photo which you have attached to your email, I can see that you want a Part 3 sweater, which has a dark red neckline that extends into the dark green stripe beneath the chin. The Part 4 neckline is higher and tighter, and does not extend into the dark green stripe, but sits entirely within the dark red stripe at the chin.

I know, you are probably surprised at the very high price. The truth is that I have discontinued the style because I am innundated with requests for it, sometimes three or four a day. I could just knit this one sweater, all of the time – but I don’t want to do that. I knit very few of these designs. I am a designer, and I thrive on new designs, the fun of planning and creating a sweater that is unique. The price was increased so very much because it separates the casual customer from those who are truly collectors or real horror film buffs, those who will appreciate the unique character of the sweater and who want a special piece for their collections. I’ve had customers write to me three or four times after I have refused their orders, sometimes doubling and more the price they are willing to pay me. Please forgive me for the outrageously high price. This is a one-person business, and it is a business decision.

Hi,

I have a friend who makes Freddy sweaters. I don't have pics right now, but if anyone is interested, I will tell her to start making them again and I'll post pics and price.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in to tell a quick semi-funny story.

When I was a kid, we went to the Halloween store and we were looking through all of the unlicensed products (a Superman costume that just said "hero" because they didn't have the rights etc.) and we found a made-in-China Freddy sweater.
It was in a simple plastic bag and had a label that just said "horror sweater". We thought that was really funny. Because divorced from any association to Freddy or the films, what exactly is scary about a red and green striped sweater? In fact, it might make a nice Christmas sweater.
Since then we've used the term "horror sweater" many times over the years.

Yes I am interested Yarko, depending on the price of course and quality. Pics and price would be great!

This person has already starting making a new sweater. Once it's finished, I will post pictures and say a price. I've seen how it's looking so far and I'm loving it :love I will use one of her sweaters for my Freddy 2010 costume for sure

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back