Frank Castle (The Punisher)

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by poopymcbutthole, Nov 9, 2011.

1. poopymcbutthole

poopymcbutthole Sr Member

So , it is pretty obvious im obsessed with this guy
    [​IMG]

he really is one of my favorites and i would like to get a cool suit done and show up to pax in it . goofing off dressed up and videogames ,why the hell not

i was thinking of going the bullet hole in head rout..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and i was also thinking of constructing THIS SUIT

[​IMG]

without all the muscles and bulge .... add a little bit of dead and maybe build some ridiculous gun out of a nerf gun

but yeah i dont care im a woman and all that junk i LOVE THE PUNISHER and i would really love some tips ... on making a cool fem version , i was thinking of molding some bullet wound prosthetic pieces and possibly putting them on my upper chest .. leg ... the bullet hole you see in the pictures was quick trying it out makeup

2. Alric Blighter

Alric Blighter Member

The bullet wounds came out simply amazing. Also, come one. The bulge, we know there is no amount of tucking that will let you hide that.

3. poopymcbutthole

speaking of bulges where did yours go spiderman ? ...lol i cant wait to fight the **** out of you at pax ..full on peter parker vs. frank castle

4. Lucien Kane

Lucien Kane Well-Known Member

I love the take you did on the Punisher... He's pretty much one of my favorite comic book characters... and the movie with Thomas Jane is one of my top 5 favorite movies. You make me want to do a Punisher costume, pretty much all I'd need is a black trench coat... The bullet hole in the head was a nice touch I wanna say it was very elegant?

Dammit Error... now I really want to do a Punisher costume

5. poopymcbutthole

please make one! or five , i really never see cool punishers ! and there are really so many ways to go about making the suits ..

6. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

I saw a good female Punisher on Facebook the other day based on the design you posted. Here she is.

[​IMG]

7. Lucien Kane

lol but I'd have to cut my hair and shave... and then I'd look more like this
    [​IMG]

anyways, for the look you want to do, you could do a solid black, suit and sew the white punisher skull on? Maybe... Also something you could do for the zombie look... paint the punisher skull on your face as well, and make that look all zombified. Just brainstorming here.

8. poopymcbutthole

yep this is the suit i wanna make and then bloody it up not brush my hair lol

9. poopymcbutthole

lucien how long is you're hair you may not have to cut it ... just slick it back

10. Lucien Kane

lol it's about shoulder length

11. poopymcbutthole

yep dont slick it back otherwise you will look like the mullet punisher

12. Lucien Kane

Yeah, lol maybe I'll post some punisher pics anyways... Now if I can only find my shirt.

So anyways, your punisherness... what guns are you planning on using?

13. Jewels

Jewels New Member

Great photos so far but I want to see more.

14. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Looks great so far and technically comic accurate thanks to the female Punish copycats in the comics.

15. poopymcbutthole

thanks wes , jewels i have no idea what you mean , can you possibly elaborate and lucien i have no idea! i can either get replicas or make some obnoxious gun to wield around ... either way it is going to be fun... im going to get a pair of white boots off of amazon ..something that is not putting all my bodyweight pressure on my toes like the catwoman boots (that killed me at comic con)

16. RAGE88

RAGE88 Member

I am thinking of doing a punisher build (for my friend who is a huge fan) It will give me a chance to really experiment with muscle suits (as he is really skinny) ;)

17. poopymcbutthole

i seen some beautiful muscle suits on here , one was an oldschool captain america ... and i mean i seen talented work where muscles were painted onto the suit where it was a great illusion but these were amazing and there!

18. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

19. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

You could do a Painkiller Jane costume and then while in full costume and character....read The Punisher, Painkiller Jane crossover and reflect and laugh about it. Fond memories and such. I don't know how far your obsession goes with Frank though.:)

The obsession would have to go pretty far for you to contemplate this though.:)

20. RAGE88

RAGE88 Member

I agree. I've seen some sweet muscle suits or airbrushed effects to create the illusion of muscles. I'm thinking of doing a foam muscle suit to make my friend look really muscular (and possibly vascular aswell)

21. PunisherNC

PunisherNC Well-Known Member

Ah, the Punisher, my absolute favorite anti-hero. I've had two costumes featuring good ol' Frank. I plan to do a Tom Jane inspired one later in the year:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You've got great taste in heroes, lady. Love the costume

22. poopymcbutthole

FANTASTIC SUIT! you pulled it off great , i actually seen your photos on some random flickr account and friggen loved it , i also seen you're sweet white boots over on rivethead.com "where i have been purchasing strange style but good quality boots for years" what you have made is very spot on i love the belt and the leg holsters everything ! DONT YOU HATE HOW YOU CAN NOT PAINT THE ORANGE OF THE GUNS BLACK FOR COMIC CON EVENTS lol then again i went to nycc with the most vicious set of claws i could physically construct and no one stopped me ....sweet work tho .. even the gloves are the cool ones ... ...guess i have competition here lol i better work hard in the next few months

23. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

Well done PunisherNC.:thumbsup Eeeesh!

24. Lucien Kane

I recommend two colt 1911 .45's
    1911 Airsoft Pistol-Airsoft Spring Pistol Spring Airsoft Gun - AirSplat.com - AirSoft Gun Warehouse

But I was a huge fan of the Thomas Jane Punisher, so that's my opinion. lol

25. PunisherNC

Error, Qui- thank you both. Error, bring it heavy... you simply cant arm yourself too much in this costume. I've yet bought enough weapons to truly do either suit any justice, though I did have fun with this one:
    [​IMG]

Btw, error, for holsters, find black ones that you like, then just cover them in white fabric...best route to take in my opinion.

And yes, hate, hate HATE having the orange tips on the guns... no matter how great of a costume you have, you just cant suspend belief over those glowing spots. Looking forward to what you do with your costume. And thank you for the kind words in regards to mine... we must have a photo-op sometime

26. Lucien Kane

Great punisher get up NC... I've been trying to convince my wife to let me get a real minigun... I used to be a machine gunner... so it's in my bones I guess. Of course that probably wouldn't go over well at a con.

27. poopymcbutthole

lucien thank you for the suggestions! and holy **** NC that gun is ridiculous awesome it even has a shoulder strap ! is it as heavy as it looks ? i think i'd need to be wearing a corset to carry that thing around otherwise ill end up with scoliosis

28. RAGE88

RAGE88 Member

Cool Getup PunisherNC. We seem to have the same ideas for costumes. I am in the planning stages of my Captain America build and the Punisher build is a project to work on while I get into Super Soldier shape :)

I do have to say that the bright orange tips really do ruin the illusion!:unsure

I'm thinking of doing more of a Punisher: War Zone (movie) look than the classic Mike Zeck comic book look. Very militaristic. My buddy is a cop, so getting some of the actual gear shouldn't be a problem... in fact, he gets it at a discount ;)

error... make sure to update everyone with pics of your costume build!

29. Lucien Kane

Alright so my guns are not here so I had to go with my blades... someone borrowed my gun for comic con... which I didn't get to go to... No bitterness or anything.

So ignore the hair... and the beard...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and ignore the fact that this isn't a screen or comic accurate costume LOL

30. Chicagovader

Chicagovader Sr Member

Nice take on the costume error! The Punisher is my absolute favorite character hands down. Have you thought about maybe doing a Lynn Michaels costume? She was the female Punisher during the Suicide Run storyline in the original ongoing series. Here are some pics of My Punisher Warzone style costume (I went with a brighter skull than the movie I know) and of my MAX comics style costume.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    one of the back of the vest
    [​IMG]

MAX style comic version

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I look forward to seeing your completed costume error

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  31. STEALTH

STEALTH Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

@PunisherNC - That is awesome. I think I've seen you in your costume somewhere before.

As impractical as it would be in real life. I still love that version.
    Looks like you jumped right out of the comic book.

I think you should give that version a go Nic.

32. Lucien Kane

I agree... with lots of guns.

33. PunisherNC

Error- oh, it wasnt too heavy, worst part was trying to steer through crowds with that mini-gun. It's very cumbersome

Lucien, and Stealth- thanks gents. I have given Nick Fury a serious thought. I'm trying to finish up a "The Avengers: Captain America" movie suit, followed by Magneto, then I may jump on board that ship. And yes, there is def NOTHING practical about the spandex costumes, hahaha

Rage: post pics when you get started, man, would love to follow the project as it comes together. The more the merrier in my opinion

34. Chicagovader

Chicagovader Sr Member

Love your Classic version PunisherNC, best I have seen :D Where did you get that minigun?

35. j0wE

j0wE Well-Known Member

This costume needs to be done with more guns and more gore, having just had a battle style

36. RAGE88

RAGE88 Member

Agree... Frank Castle should look like he has just finished some wetwork... just splattered with blood and battle damage ;)

37. Chicagovader

Chicagovader Sr Member

Other than on the skull blood and gore don't show up too well on the costume since it's pretty much all black, well the movie versions anyway LOL.

38. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

ErrOr, definitely go with the suit like PunisherNC and you should do the belt buckle matching the teeth of the skull. I would not put a skull on your face as it would resemble Bishop from another comic series.

39. Lucien Kane

Blasts I didn't think of that. They had a costume with a punisher skull camo paint job for Frank in the X Box game. My mind didn't drift to Bishop.

40. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

Lucien, to do Bishop would also be awesome as he is a very cool character as well, I always loved the skull paint job on his face.

41. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

Lucien and ErrOr, I apologize, it is not Bishop that has the skull painted on his face, it is Chapel from Image comics. My bad.

42. Chicagovader

Chicagovader Sr Member

wow I had almost forgot about Chapel! Now that I think about it after Spawn got a hold of him it was no longer makeup Spawn burned the flesh away from his face in the shape of the Death's Head he wore since he is the one that betrayed and Murdered Simmons.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  43. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

You got it sir. Although I love Spawn, Chapel is an awesome character. Sorry for highjacking this thread, back to ErrOr.

44. RAGE88

RAGE88 Member

In my best Phil Hartman (doing an impression of Ed McMahon)
    "You are correct sir! HAHAHA"

Blood (spatter) on the skull logo and your face would show. Everything else wouldn't show much at all.

45. poopymcbutthole

woah there is so much punisher going on in this thread , awesome! i have to go through all the posts and respond now lol... god what a slacker

46. Lando

Lando Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yes your being a slacker Error

47. tain669

tain669 Sr Member

Nice..

48. poopymcbutthole

hey guys what the hell is reputation? i am too slacker to read what it is ... was i bad or something

StevenRogers84 likes this.
  49. Lucien Kane

I think it means you're good.

50. kialna

kialna Sr Member

This makes me think twice about crossplaying. I still want to do a female magneto. I never wanted to crossdress at first, but really..seeing this, it reminds me that female takes on certain 'heroes' are awesome!