Deprecated FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale (BANNED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale- RUN FULL- WAITING LIST OPEN

And I doubt he has even started any other parts honestly has been working on the same couple of parts for ages

Mimic did mention quite a bit earlier that the main body would be sent out to clear space at his house then he'd work on getting the rest of the armour worked on, legs, arms and extras.

And my hope is 100% gone

HELLO...firstly for everyone who’s messaged/emailed me showing me support I couldn’t thank you enough!

Absolutely nothing has changed as far as I’m concerned I’m going to continue working on everyone’s kit.

As stated here some are trimmed, part trimmed, some polished etc.. I’m taking one set at a time finishing it and sending it out in turn, I don’t know how anyone could expect me to do more!?

sorry to those few who seemed convinced otherwise, but there is no scam, no conspiracy, just one guy working his ass off trying to make everyone who wants it a great set of armor. You paid me to a job that I’m doing, I can’t be more honest or sincere here.

As for shipping calanders until I have done a few in turn I can’t accurately estimate that? Give me time to get into a rhythm and i’ll be in a much stronger position to give everyone accurate dates. I’m sticking to my side of the deal, I’ve completed successful runs here with rave feedback and I’ll complete this one too!

huge thank you again to those who are with me!!!

View attachment 786374View attachment 786375View attachment 786376View attachment 786377View attachment 786378View attachment 786379
View attachment 786380View attachment 786381View attachment 786382

Thanks for posting MIMIC. It certainly helps to see evidence of several kits in progress.

I think it will be important to estimate regardless of how difficult it is. I estimate huge projects at work all the time even when it's difficult or I don't have all the info, but it still has to be done or projects die before we ever start them. If we're ever behind, it's even more critical. We're already many months beyond desired delivery and you're still trying to get the first half of the first few kits out the door. I remember being told the helmet would be made and shipped in October-ish, and we're nowhere near that. I think at this point we need to know where we're at other than "I'm going as fast as I can".

You've been at this for a very long time so this shouldn't be a total mystery as to how it's going to play out. If you still have no idea when kits will be finished, then that's a sign that this was probably not a good idea .Part of the difficulty for us is that it's getting so late that if it's months to receive the first half and then a complete unknown on the second half, that's just way too wide open to sit around, especially since people have no guarantees of ever getting anything and Paypal deadlines are approaching (or have passed) for many.

So just post a calendar. Be conservative enough that you're comfortable, but it's got to be more than "how can I possibly know?" when this was promised months ago. As it stands now though, I don't know how I personally can proceed with a "I have no idea" response to the question of when we're getting our stuff. Simply committing to getting it done at some point isn't a success. Timeline does matter.

UPDATE: And in case it's not clear, this calendar needs to go up today. Please don't post anymore "thanks to the loyal!" comments and instead just stick to responding to real concerns and questions about delivery. I'm filing my claim late tonight if there's nothing tangible about a delivery schedule..

Some of that were on early are already screwed over. Order in June got nothing to show for it. Filed my claim and closed, I bet that's super funny to you

Some of that were on early are already screwed over. Order in June got nothing to show for it. Filed my claim and closed, I bet that's super funny to you

Funny? Who is that comment directed to?

I really, really hope my armour comes tomorrow. If not I don't know what to do... This is killing me...

I personally think mimic took on too much. It's nice to have a completed set of armour but the delivery kept on getting postponed and no new progress pictures were being posted. The thing that got me concerned was lack of tracking info surely as a seller you would want to keep track of your products when you sent them out. At the start of the sales thread there are photos of the calf armour but to date we'd had no update on them...weird to say the least

HELLO...firstly for everyone who’s messaged/emailed me showing me support I couldn’t thank you enough!

Absolutely nothing has changed as far as I’m concerned I’m going to continue working on everyone’s kit.

As stated here some are trimmed, part trimmed, some polished etc.. I’m taking one set at a time finishing it and sending it out in turn, I don’t know how anyone could expect me to do more!?

sorry to those few who seemed convinced otherwise, but there is no scam, no conspiracy, just one guy working his ass off trying to make everyone who wants it a great set of armor. You paid me to a job that I’m doing, I can’t be more honest or sincere here.

As for shipping calanders until I have done a few in turn I can’t accurately estimate that? Give me time to get into a rhythm and i’ll be in a much stronger position to give everyone accurate dates. I’m sticking to my side of the deal, I’ve completed successful runs here with rave feedback and I’ll complete this one too!

huge thank you again to those who are with me!!!

View attachment 786374View attachment 786375View attachment 786376View attachment 786377View attachment 786378View attachment 786379
View attachment 786380View attachment 786381View attachment 786382

Mimic,
First - thanks for finally uploading actual proof of some progress. It is sad that is has taken weeks of badgering you to make these images appear. Every time you are working on this armor, you should be posting images. Start an Instagram account to log the process, do something. In the long run, that would be a fantastic way to maintain interest and sell your armor.

Second - these parts do truly look amazing. Whoever has the patience and disposable income to sit and wait this run out will love it.

Lastly - this is by far too little too late. When I signed on to this run we were expecting full kit delivery in October. Then it was just torso's and limbs would ship later. Now you've shown 3 mostly completed torso's, no limbs, no spats, etc and have not provided any form of timeline as to when things are going to happen. I had hoped that you would roll in and present a dozen mostly competed sets of armor ready for boxing and shipping (as you've regularly stated). What you've shown is not that. What you've shown is that in the last 11 months you have not been able to complete a single full set of armor and have not proven to have shipped a single partial set of armor. ( @Empire , my fingers are crossed)

If I wanted to wait 2+ years for a set of armor, I'd have stayed with Anovos. I should have stuck to my gut and ordered a kit from Jim Tripon or KB, as either of those kits would be completed and enjoyed by now.

The 5 of us in Vermont have unaminously decided to pull the plug. Our paypal dispute(s) is in progress.

Mimic, I wish you luck in completing this project that is clearly more than you were prepared for. Everyone else on this run, I wish you luck with your patience, luck for your own paypal claims, luck for future updates from Mimic and most importantly I truly hope you actually get this armor. Paypal disputes have a 180 day window, pay attention to the date and as the Grail Knight said "Choose Wisely".

I'm done. I expect zero shenanigans with the paypal claim.

Last edited:

I, for one, am still very excited and very much in on this run. Has it finished as hoped? No, but I can' recall the last armor I got that actually was delivered by the initial date. People waiting 6 months and are pulling their hair out with frustration?! Ummm, ABS vac formed armor regularly takes 6-9 months, I never expected this armor to be done in 2017 (hopeful, but realistically knew it wouldn't be). MIMICs timelines weren't ever promises, they were projected timelines and subject to change.

Yeah, communication could'e been better recently, but there really isn't anything unusual about this run (I'm sure I will get flamed for that), but if we all weren't checking this thread 5 times per day, I think we would find patience;)

And let' all remember that it really isn' the timeline or product that is the issue - everyone is just butthurt (and apparently stricken with mass paranoia) by the lack of daily updates. Having done runs of stuff before - it really sucks to update a thread, epecially when pictures are involved - especially after the photobucket bs.

Let' all just simmer down and let a builder build. Let' also try to not derail this thread anymore - getting 12 emails a day about people joining a freak-out wagon is super annoying. So much that I'm unsubscribing (again). Please don' make me read 10 pages of crap when I check back in a few weeks

Meh if I was willing to wait I would have stuck with anovos. I jumped ship because I was under the impression it was nearly ready to be cast. In the first posts I saw flexible armor and ALL the pieces laid out

If I knew it was only a upper body I would have went with someone else to meet my goal of before the movie came out.

Not the run for me and I'd like out before I have to take this up with credit card company since I'm past the PayPal window. I'm assuming that's why they closed out my ticket.

I don't want armor next year I want it yesterday that's a bit demanding but I can go with two other sources and have casting on demand

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Guys! I’m away for a couple of days over Christmas and this happens! I went to see my family some of whom I haven’t seen for almost 5 years, my newest nephew ‘Reggie’ was born on Friday. I spend EVERY SINGLE day working on this armor 7 days a week, so thought I could be away a few days. I’ve had to go through a pile of parts to get the finish I want, and if you want Movie standard armor stick with me!!! Because I’m doing it, the parts are being made, now!

Its taking me a lot longer than I or any of you want, I know, but finally parts are going out, any day parts will turn up with members by the end of January all of you will have parts... if you want armor that you can watchTV in then vote for MIMIC! That’s the standard I set! Obviously to get that finish each sets takes a couple of days of finishing and polishing alon (time I originally didn’t expect or want to have to spend but for the sake of quality I will spend EVERY day sanding, flatting and polishing our armor)

No offense Bigkilo, but this certainly sounds like a promise to me. Fron those pictures though, I have really high doubt he is going to meet this one either. He has enough parts done to send something to 3 or 4 people. How everyone will have parts by the end of January is beyond me.

If my memory is correct, people were promised armor in October, November, December, and now January. His work is incredible but at this rate it might be 2019 by the time people get a full set.

Last edited:

No offense Bigkilo, but this certainly sounds like a promise to me. Fron those pictures though, I have really high doubt he is going to meet this one either. He has enough parts done to send something to 3 or 4 people. How everyone will have parts by the end of January is beyond me.

If my memory is correct, people were promised armor in October, November, December, and now January. His work is incredible but at this rate it might be 2019 by the time people get a full set.

That’s how I feel TKBennet. I’m not a conspiracy theorist, I just see a trend of promises that it’s imminent and then repeatedly find out we’re nowhere near. Again, mine was to ship two weeks ago and based on where I am on the list and how many torsos are in the pic, I don’t think even my first piece has been even started yet. I don’t see how you can underestimate so badly that you think you are about to ship when a month later you haven’t even started.

I have no desire for bad blood or slander - just full honesty about where things are at instead of relying on some expected loyalty. We’re simply customers and you’re a vendor with thousands of dollars collected but don’t see it as your responsibility to tell us honestly when we’re getting our stuff. MIMIC, do you still hold that you can’t possibly estimate when we will all receive each part of the shipment despite the promises made even on the past few weeks? Is it true that you haven’t even begun working on half the upper body sets or any of the lower body portions?

To the comment that armor often takes 6 or 7 months - that’s not actually the case unless it’s communicated ahead of time. Vetted vendors don’t make and break monthly promises and then avoid specific questions. If they do, we stop using them and it goes the way this is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree with both comments posted this morning.

Mimic you do awesome work but when I saw your post when I went to buy I was under impression you were much much further along. Looked like you just had a few tweaks to make and a few new moulds.

My offer in pm stands I want my money back or I want a complete set of unfinished armor to finish myself. And I want it sooner rather than later meaning by end of February. If that timeline can't be met just give me back my money.

Which I doubt you have. I'm assuming you wasted and burned through cash supplies. The comment about trips to the landfill has me even more nervous.

Heartstopper I won’t just leave without anything don’t worry, I’m not a con or a scam of any description- I’m a hard working honest person who’s doing my best. I was under the impression people wanted ‘movie accurate’ and when I’ve built parts and people have suggested changes i felt I went out of my way to improve the quality of the product for all of you!

no one at any point said, I don’t want it more accurate I want it faster vs quality of finish, so I continued believing I was providing what people wanted.

What do I get for trying to make this the best I could for putting my blood and sweat and tears in? Called a scammer, a failure, I can’t believe there are people who haven’t even tried discuss their concerns seriously with me, have just put in PayPal disputes.

I don’t feel I deserve to be treated this harshly.

Again- for those of you who have sent me caring and supportive messages I can’t thank you enough, you’re really helping!
THE WORK WILL CONTINUE -

any concerns from anyone, just talk to ME about it, thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Um yeah no I was under impression sooner rather than later. All your comments your earned yourself
3fd509073341343d6571623bdc35146b.jpg
38e7ea16655a425f3545b2421810c62d.jpg

@Heartstopper I won’t just leave without anything don’t worry, I’m not a con or a scam of any description- I’m a hard working honest person who’s doing my best. I was under the impression people wanted ‘movie accurate’ and when I’ve built parts and people have suggested changes i felt I went out of my way to improve the quality of the product for all of you!

no one at any point said, I don’t want it more accurate I want it faster vs quality of finish, so I continued believing I was providing what people wanted.

What do I get for trying to make this the best I could for putting my blood and sweat and tears in? Called a scammer, a failure, I can’t believe there are people who haven’t even tried discuss their concerns seriously with me, have just put in PayPal disputes.

Again- for those of you who have sent me caring and supportive messages I can’t thank you enough, you’re really helping!
THE WORK WILL CONTINUE -

And I sent a pm with no reply. If your moulds are truly done it should be nothing to send out my armor unfinished

@Heartstopper I won’t just leave without anything don’t worry, I’m not a con or a scam of any description- I’m a hard working honest person who’s doing my best. I was under the impression people wanted ‘movie accurate’ and when I’ve built parts and people have suggested changes i felt I went out of my way to improve the quality of the product for all of you!

THE WORK WILL CONTINUE -

So we will all have parts in 20 days like you said we would? Please answer this.

We all want quality certainly, but you promised certain delivery dates too, and you haven't met any of them yet. You still are not addressing this issue, just repeating the same things over and over again.

Enough of the pandering to the” loyal”. I’m tired of seeing your” updates” being in the vain of “why am I being treated so harshly?!”

you havent addressed anybody concerns or questions. You’re a vendor, we are customers. It’s time to start acting like it. This is precisely why us in VT have withdrawn. If yours have full sets you’ll send unfinished, we can talk. If not, then that’s that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back