Font Question: Independence Day ID4

scampa123

I wasn’t sure which forum to post in so I thought I’d try here.

im trying to find the font used in the original Independence Day

im trying to find it for a project I’m working on. Any help would be appreciate.

thank you

Attachments

• 94B9BC6D-2198-46A5-A695-33F3509AA161.jpeg
    94B9BC6D-2198-46A5-A695-33F3509AA161.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 124
Looks custom to me. Take the graphic and post into a vector drawing program as a graphical template, and make your own graphic font... enough in the 'Independance Day' character set to do a full alphabet.
Regards, Robert

If you go on google and type in "font finder", you will usually get a list of websites where you can upload that picture with the font, and it will do its best to identify it.
It is custom to the movie, but there is probably someone out there that has made an exact or close to it type font.
And.....a lot of those sites want you to pay, and sometimes a whole lot. One font I needed, and found, came to $85, but.....they tell you what the font name is. So then I googled that fonts name and found it for free.

Last edited:
If you go on google and type in "font finder", you will usually get a list of websites where you can upload that picture with the font, and it will do its best to identify it.
It is custom to the movie, but there is probably someone out there that has made an exact or close to it type font.
And.....a lot of those sites want you to pay, and sometimes a whole lot. One font I needed, and found, came to $85, but.....they tell you what the font name is. So then I googled that fonts name and found it for free.
Thx I did try a few of the sites but they didn’t work for it

Looks like Simian, which is actually a Planet of the Apes font.
Possibly modified, I don't remember if there's a variant with cutouts.

If you're re-creating that actual title, here's an example of a 'quick and dirty' Photoshop job using Eras Bold, which was the closest font I could find it my library. The rest is a gradient overlay, and a bevel layer style. It's not quite right, but the font could be edited in Illustrator to match the cut outs, and you'd be 99% there.

ID4.jpg

If you're re-creating that actual title, here's an example of a 'quick and dirty' Photoshop job using Eras Bold, which was the closest font I could find it my library. The rest is a gradient overlay, and a bevel layer style. It's not quite right, but the font could be edited in Illustrator to match the cut outs, and you'd be 99% there.

View attachment 1472847
Thank you! I did try to work with Eras Bold in Illustrator a bit. Yours looks better than mine did! ;-)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back