Foam?????

redbridge1

Hi guys just a quick question for the pros out there.I have started a foam iron man mark IV only problem is getting my hands on the foam? I'm living in Ireland and everywhere I go asking about it people look at me as if i was some sort of psychopath....
At the moment i'm using half inch thick children's playmates with mixed results.

Does anyone know where I can get this foam needed in Ireland or online that will deliver such a bulky item to Ireland?

My work since yesterday bad result

Hi Redbridge,

I remember chating with someone here from UK about supplies for Germany and getting a link of a fairly large online hobby shop also based in the UK... I will have to do some searching but I am thinking that they should have it. I will get back to you.

Hi Redbridge,

I remember chating with someone here from UK about supplies for Germany and getting a link of a fairly large online hobby shop also based in the UK... I will have to do some searching but I am thinking that they should have it. I will get back to you.

Thanks opal1970 that would be great!!

Hi Redbridge,
sorry, I wasn't able to find the conversation, I will continue searching, but I dont' really have high hopes to be honest. you might want to change the title of the thread to something like "Hobby suppliers UK/Ireland (Foam)?" We have quite a few really good experts from that area who should know where to get things like this.

Last edited:
Plastazote is probably what you require. It's used in a wide variety of industry including packaging and medical, Zotefoams: Plastazote

I found this' Plastazote Foam Material - Assist Ireland

Also, look for Foam Convertor businesses - they will stock all types of materials or will be able to get for you
It's also used a lot in aluminium flight cases - the type used by bands, and packaging, Dublin Flight Case Company

If none of this works for you there are a huge amount of Foam Convertors listed on the net who will be delighted to cut it into manageable size pieces and ship it to you.

Hope this helps.

Phil

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back