Flaming lapel flower/smoking lapel flower?

CharlesHouse

I am considering building both of these for a costume. One was based on an idea I saw Joel Hodgson did during his standup era.

joel-home%2010-25-2012.jpg

The other would be a smoke/fog shooting lapel. Any ideas on how to safely build these? I'd want to use them for a photo shoot.

No one? I am surprised. I had considered, after looking into it, a can of butane and a bit of fish tank tube, but I am unsure how well it would work.

Maybe you should check out some sort of magician shop for stuff like this. They have stuff that is a little safer i think.

I've looked at magic shops, but most of it is very small amounts of smoke or something stationary; something that needs plugged into a wall and couldn't fit on a person.

I saw this but have no idea what it is made with.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could use the gimmicks magicians use. For instance ´Smoke´ of ´Pyro´ from Ellusiontist.com
It´s quite pricey but an instant solution and safe . I own smoke, and it is very durable and could easily be built in a flower.
I don´t know about pyro vthough

I appreciate the comment. Price isn't my primary concern, but if it could be done on a cheaper, or more specifically, repeatably cheaper method, that would be great. The flame would be more interesting from the lapel. I think I would want smoke to come from a sleeve.

EDIT: I looked at Ellusionist, and realized it was the same people that did the three minute video about a flame shooter that vaguely shows the product and quotes the creator as if they are a trusted source of opinion. I don't really trust em.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back