First time sharing, Gambit Build!

Vanlande

Hello, RPF!
I've been a member for quite some time, though I've always just used the site for references. I mostly make Star Wars stuff, but wanted to share my first real foray into something other than SW. So, my take on... GAMBIT!

So keep in mind, up until this, I've never worked with EVA foam ( all prior costumes have been Sintra ) but I'm liking the material more and more as I use it. For the chest plate, I'd originally sought to use a T-shirt form from a retail supply store. However everything locally was only to the bellybutton, and everything online was way more than I was willing to spend. I'm going to log all the costs for this so any future Gambit's have an idea of what they're getting into.

Chest- $8 worth of EVA foam tiles

So I basically just drew on the muscles with sharpie, and carved them out with a dremel bit. In retrospect, the ten pack abs is a bit much, but meh, it'll work. I then heated it with the heat gun and pushed it out from the back.

Then I added some more EVA to start making it into a chest.

Just kinda winged it for the collar. There are so many different references for size/shape so I just went with what I liked.

For the lines, scored with the hotknife, then hit wit the heat gun so they'd expand. For the border, I took 2mm EVA, wrapped it around a dowel, glued it, then slid the dowel out.

And here is a test fit with the Jacket. Which I fond for $10, + $11.50 shipping on eBay.

That's all for now. Painting and more adjustments tonight! Thanks for looking guys! Tips are GREATLY appreciated.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back