First prop ever, ANH E-11 finished.

thesupremeking

I figured I'd get into this slowly. I just finished my E-11, I took a couple very small creative liberties to make it mine. I got into this while waiting for my stormtrooper armor to get here. Turns out prop making is a blast! (no pun intended):lol
I used a couple resin parts like the magazine well and handle, but tried to make as much as possible. I'd say it's about 80% scratch built.
One part I'm not sure if anyone has done is for the scope I used a bullet shell for the adjuster dial, it's made of brass just like the scope should be and it looks pretty close, except up close it says .223 rem on it. :lol

2zxnupv.jpg

1584g42.jpg

2vcte6c.jpg

Well done! It looks almost spot on to me, expect maybe that the scope rail is a bit short. What materials did you make it from?

That looks great! Welcome aboard:)

Just a note on the scope; The thing on the side isn't an adjusting knob, it's actually a bulb socket for internal lighting.

Robert:)

Well done! It looks almost spot on to me, expect maybe that the scope rail is a bit short. What materials did you make it from?

Your eyes for details NEVER cease to amaze me! The scope rail is the main out of the ordinary mod. I used aluminum instead of steel, and it seemed "jiggly" at the longer length. I was itching to get a part of the blaster that looked welded on so I went with a Z bend and shortened it up. I'm on the fence as to wether I like it or loathe it. Too late now!

It's made of wood, putty, PVC, aluminum, brass, steel bits, lots o bondo and those couple resin parts stated above I was too scared to attack, also little bits and pieces found around the house like pens, plastic sheets etc. I also weathered it more than most examples I've seen, I really wanted that "lived in universe" look.

Thanks for the compliment! A compliment from the members here is the highest honor.

Man thanks guys! It means a lot to hear your ideas, corrections, compliments and knowledge! I'm not sure if I'll ever run another E-11 but it would be fun to do an all metal one, but being that I'll carry it for trooping I probably won't.

Here's a close up of the technical bits. A couple things I now notice that I didn't before is that although the light socket on the scope is brass, the rest of the scope is silvery metallic underneath when weathered. I could always fix this but I'm not sure most people would ever notice and it would probably bug me only. The other similar issue is the scope rail is short for the above mentioned reason. I also placed paint chipping/weathering where shells would eject on a sterling. This is the usual suspect zone for chipping on a real gun, I know the blaster isn't suppose to fire a cartridge, but it made it seem more real IMHO to seem like the bolt cycles naturally and has some sort of blow back that would cause finish issues at the bolt/extraction point.

2i8yyys.jpg

syp1r6.jpg

Last edited:
Don't sweat it, man:) Yes, the scope is supposed to be all brass and your scope rail is a little too short, but these are things only sickos like us would notice, and can always be fixed later. What IS important is that you have captured the essence of the E-11 wonderfully, especially the folding stock, which is really hard to pull off scratchbuilding. Bravo!

Robert:)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back