First and easiest build. Nuka cola quantum (fallout videogame)

Om Nomz

ok, so this is my first build among many, the nuka cola quantum. it is from the video game Fallout 3. so a bit about me seeing as im new here.

i am a major geek, and proud of it. i am a soldier so on my off time i normally am playing video games. that, or im making something with my hands, that now being the various items from my favorite movies, tv shows, and video games. the first one is one of the easiest.

also, if anyone has a fairly original build that is rarely/never built, feel free to PM me with a link, i have an up and coming website/blog (link in signature) that i would gladly feature it in, i just like to have the creator's permission first. on a similar note, if you have any recommendations, comments or would like to lend a hand, i always appreciate it, it is always welcome.

so, finally to the build.

here is the in game photo.
219px-Nuka-Cola_Quantum.jpg

here is the label im using for it
Nuka_Cola_Quantum_label_by_Whatpayne.jpg

Last edited:
ok so here is the goal. make this.
IMAG0312-1.jpg

look like the picture in my first post.
forgive me, all my pictures are taken with my HTC EVO so its not always great.

Last edited:
Hey, I've made one before. What I did for mine was just fill a bottle up with club soda and I turned the bottle cap into a little flashlight using a uv led. i made a little switch so that when the cap was on the bottle it would turn on making the club soda glow like quantum. I'm excited to see how this will turn out though.

Pretty sweet idea, ive never seen one of those made.How do you plan on lighting up the bottle, or the liquid inside??

well until i move into my new place and have a good work bench, i cant light it very well, though i have an idea on a case to do it with a blacklight.

and here is midway through the removal of the label, i already sanded off the paint on the caps.
IMAG0313-1.jpg

now if anyone wants to recreate this, the label is the most pain in the ass, so it will take about 30 minutes each to scrape it off with a razor blade.
and it gets messy at times, also it takes longer if you are doing the large coke bottles, the 8oz one is easiest, and i have a six pack.

15 minutes later i have this
IMAG0314-1.jpg

Last edited:
ok so i have hand cut all the labels, i got them printed out on a see through film, i thought that would make it even better.
IMAG0317-1.jpg

IMAG0318-1.jpg

IMAG0319-1.jpg

looking now it kind of reminds me of scotch tape.
IMAG0320-1.jpg

here is the "finished" bottle
IMAG0315-1.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! I love that you printed it on a see through film, and actually took the time to scrape off the original label. Smart. I should have thought of that.

i forgot to mention, when removing the cap, i highly recommend lightly bending it open on every side, it makes it easier to put back on later.
IMAG0323-1.jpg

this is the removed cap
IMAG0324-1.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! I love that you printed it on a see through film, and actually took the time to scrape off the original label. Smart. I should have thought of that.

thank you, though the film did not come out as i had hoped, and it does not like to stick if it gets ANY moisture on it at all.

so here is my little workspace.
IMAG0316-1.jpg

and here is the "finished" product, though a redo is in mind for me.
IMAG0325-1.jpg

IMAG0326-1.jpg

i like the blue where it actually lit, but i need to get the case done as well as a few other things.
so im going to go ahead and re print the labels tomorrow, finish work on the case design, and try again.

Last edited:
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing, might attempt this for a cheap Christmas present for my friend who literally loves everything fallout!

This is coming along nicely! So is the bottle to be filled with a liquid that'll glow when hit with a black light? That's a great idea! Welcome to the board.

This is coming along nicely! So is the bottle to be filled with a liquid that'll glow when hit with a black light? That's a great idea! Welcome to the board.

thanks everyone, it great to be a part of such a huge group of people with similar interests, as for the lighting, yes, im using tonic water for now until i can afford/find, a liquid better suited, which then will be put in the case design seen above.

Last edited:
Thought I would throw my Nuka~Cola Quantum build in here too. :) I used a blue hair gel from the store. There are always bubbles in it so I thought it would look more authentic. I also added a switch at the top. The LEDs go straight into the gel and behind the label. At the bottom, outside of the bottle I glued foil so that the light would reflect back through the gel.

That's a pretty good way of doing it. Aren't there only bubbles in freshly opened bottles, though? :p

I might redo mine. That hair gel wouldn't evaporate or separate, and if I can cram a LED down the neck, that's not a bad idea at all.

I didn't notice this image the first time I read this thread. Thanks for posting the image with the height. I'm building a mini nuke and I thought it was bizarre that in the reference pictures I created that a mini nuke is smaller than a nuka cola bottle but the same size as a assault rifle butt. I guess nuka cola comes in 1 liter bottles.

That's a pretty good way of doing it. Aren't there only bubbles in freshly opened bottles, though? :p

I might redo mine. That hair gel wouldn't evaporate or separate, and if I can cram a LED down the neck, that's not a bad idea at all.

It works well and the gel lasts a very long time. Having the light in the center creates a glow that reproduces the same glow as in the game. Making it look more authentic, imo.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back