Firefly/Serenity: My small collection

SatSpeedster

Been a fan of the show for a while. Thought I'd show off what I have done. The Mal pistol is the one offered here on the board a while back. The Money is printed on cotton resume paper, made from scans out of the Serenity companion book. The red leather box I picked up at Cost Plus World Market, it came with dominoes, now it holds the printed money and the capture device. The shot glass I made, picked up the blank shot glass at BevMo and had the Blue Sun logo cut at a sign shop out of white vinyl. The capture device I created out of styrene I had left over from another project, created a couple graphics in Illustrator slapped it all together in a day. Came out ok I thought.

If anyone wants graphics for the capture device feel free to send me a PM. Thanks for looking.

-Jon
[attachmentid=6247]
[attachmentid=6248]

Shiney :D

The other have already mentioned both these items, but they deserve repeating: The weathering on the gun and graphics for the capture device are top notch.

Originally posted by SatSpeedster@Jan 27 2006, 06:19 AM
Thanks for all the comments.  I can gladly post more pics of the various elements if anyone is interested. Thanks again..

-Jon
[snapback]1169352[/snapback]​

Definatelly post more pics, i was also wondering if the capture device was from an episode or from the movie?

thanks again

Nice set, Jon.

Do tell more about the capture device. Where was it seen? What episode? Do you have any screen caps? How about progress shots of your build-up?

The capture was seen in the movie. It was used just after Kaylee and Jayne are in the cargo hold throwing the dead reaver into the floor hatch. Kaylee is talking about how Inara left and the scene cuts to Mal holding the capture which has a video of Inara playing on it. The image in my design I made up from scratch, I wanted to make some sort of place holder since my capture could not play video (it is only styrene after all.) I also don't have any progress pics, I kinda just got on a roll building it and forgot to document it.

-Jon

screencap:

[attachmentid=6275]

I really like what you did with the gun. Very interesting.

And the shotglass and box are awesome too.

Thanks for a nice simple show off thread.. We need more of them.

Njc--------------------

hi do you have closer shots of the capture device? would like to see how the parts look before i star cutting my plastic, thank you

Thats the only screencap I have of the capture, the actual capture was just a piece of greenscreen that they digitally added the image onto later. I wish I did have a clearer pic, it'd be a lot easier to make the capture accurate.

-Jon

Originally posted by SatSpeedster@Jan 31 2006, 04:53 AM
Thats the only screencap I have of the capture, the actual capture was just a piece of greenscreen that they digitally added the image onto later.  I wish I did have a clearer pic, it'd be a lot easier to make the capture accurate.

-Jon
[snapback]1172337[/snapback]​

cool thanks so much, do you have more pictures of your prop capture device? i was thinking of doing m ine with a little lift in it so i can slide in different screen captures i got from the movie.
like these
PDVD_012.jpg

PDVD_005.jpg

PDVD_004.jpg

PDVD_001.jpg

PDVD_000.jpg

PDVD_003.jpg

Sorry it took a while to get back. Jedilos, those images are great, I think they'd make a great addition to the prop. I don't have any more images of the capture at hand, I'll try to take some more later.

-Jon

Originally posted by SatSpeedster@Feb 5 2006, 09:52 PM
Sorry it took a while to get back.  Jedilos, those images are great, I think they'd make a great addition to the prop.  I don't have any more images of the capture at hand, I'll try to take some more later.

-Jon
[snapback]1177088[/snapback]​

no problem i appreciate it

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back