Finally found a Halo "Knock-off" rifle (I think).

CB2001

Master Member
I've done some traveling around the Winter Park/Altamonte Springs area. The reason why was because at one of my Wal-Marts they are selling 2 yard long fabric for $5. And they had a fabric in perfect color for greenscreening with. Unfortunately, the one that I know has them were out of the perfect green one. So, I decided to hit up two of the other nearby Wal-Marts, with no luck. When I was in the Altamonte Springs area, I decided to stop by the Toys R Us there, one of two that I know of down here. Well, I was looking around at the collectible toys because I had heard that the Star Wars figures with the Vintage package were out (since the last time I actually saw the old-school cards, it was in the early 1980s, I figured why not). Well, I passed through the generic brand toys and finally spotted the famous/infamous True Heros Plasma Blaster, which many have taken and modified to make the Halo rifle. I almost bought one of the two that were there, but I wasn't sure if it was the right brand or the right one.

Below are some of the pics of it I took with my Camera Phone. This is the right one I've been seeing that's been modded, right?

Last edited:
That was the same thing I thought when I saw it. "Dang, it's rather small!" Don't know if I'll go for it or not.

yeah with a decent paintjob you would fool joe blogs on the street. that and it makes cool pew pew pew sounds

size is a variable thing I would say. The Hasbro E-11 for stormtroopers is used by many 501st, but is both inaccurate and too small.

so you can do it. question is - will you OCD and dedication to the prop/costume LET you do it ;P

Nate

Are they STILL selling those? They've been out for about 4 years mostly at TRU and costing around 15.00. It's way undersized but all in all not too bad.

On YouTube, I've seen some that have not just painted it, but have modded it in several ways, such as replacing the barrel and flashlight. And a couple of them I seen have added the countdown display for the ammo.

I've considered on getting it and attempt to mod it just for the practice, but I'm still a bit iffy on it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back