Finally a Cover for my EFX Tie Fighter !

goldcylon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Always felt the EFX Tie Fighter deserved a cover ! The base like most EFX bases were lipped.... So it came out well... But damn it’s Huge! I had the Acrylic gent add reinforcement corners to the lower edges.

Attachments

• A9DF514F-4BBD-4D1A-9212-085B92F09586.jpeg
    A9DF514F-4BBD-4D1A-9212-085B92F09586.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 194
  • F5ADA31F-5D72-4F76-9372-4045CCDCECDA.jpeg
    F5ADA31F-5D72-4F76-9372-4045CCDCECDA.jpeg
    891.8 KB · Views: 192
That came out really nice. I always hated that EFX didn't include a cover except for the First Contact Tricorder and you even had to order it separately. That was something I really appreciated with all of the MR products. When I ordered the Luke Reveal Saber from them I was able to get a cover for it from a plastics company that someone else had already contacted with all of the particulars so it was very easy to get one.

Yep it was one of those I missed first go around and I paid the upcharge on the secondary market. However all things considered with what's going on with EFX currently if they were to offer it NOW I would still be hesitant and my Vader Pyre and Star Lord helmet are currently unfulfilled. I wish on this model they would have lighted the cannons along with the ion engines. Still very happy with it.

That came out really nice. I always hated that EFX didn't include a cover except for the First Contact Tricorder and you even had to order it separately. That was something I really appreciated with all of the MR products. When I ordered the Luke Reveal Saber from them I was able to get a cover for it from a plastics company that someone else had already contacted with all of the particulars so it was very easy to get one.

I have to agree with you here. At least give the buyer the option. Its possible in this case that EFX didn't want to deal simply with the large amount of returns of damaged covers by the USPS, UPS and FEDEX. However Code 3 had that figured out packaging wise. However we all know it takes very little mishandling to damage an acrylic cover. Especially one as LARGE as this one. I am sure the MR falcon cover was an incredible challenge.

I have to agree with you here. At least give the buyer the option. Its possible in this case that EFX didn't want to deal simply with the large amount of returns of damaged covers by the USPS, UPS and FEDEX. However Code 3 had that figured out packaging wise. However we all know it takes very little mishandling to damage an acrylic cover. Especially one as LARGE as this one. I am sure the MR falcon cover was an incredible challenge.
MR seemed to have it worked out. The biggest thing I ever got from them was the Stormtrooper Blaster and that had a really big cover and they seemed to be able to figure out how to package things so that they didn't get damaged in shipping. My guess is that EFX decided it wasn't worth the extra effort to offer them and I think the only reason they offered the Tricorder cover was that it was identical to the MR Communicator Cover and probably made by the same people and didn't require any extra effort.

MR seemed to have it worked out. The biggest thing I ever got from them was the Stormtrooper Blaster and that had a really big cover and they seemed to be able to figure out how to package things so that they didn't get damaged in shipping. My guess is that EFX decided it wasn't worth the extra effort to offer them and I think the only reason they offered the Tricorder cover was that it was identical to the MR Communicator Cover and probably made by the same people and didn't require any extra effort.

Concur that would seem to be probably what happened who really knows and the way things are going with EFX I am deeply concerned.

Concur that would seem to be probably what happened who really knows and the way things are going with EFX I am deeply concerned.
What really ticked me off about EFX was that they had the Star Trek replica license when they first started and the only thing they ever produced was the Tricorder and that was basically the MR Tricorder with a few tweeks. As things stand now I don't even know for sure who has the TOS & TNG replica license as nobody has been putting out anything except for The Wand Company and they are not marketed as replicas.

Always felt the EFX Tie Fighter deserved a cover ! The base like most EFX bases were lipped.... So it came out well... But damn it’s Huge! I had the Acrylic gent add reinforcement corners to the lower edges.
Hi,

May I ask please where did you get your acrylic case covering the EFX TIE Fighter from please?

Kind regards,
J

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back