Final touches to Bio when painted?Suggestions

MotoGuy75

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of painting a P1 bio to look like the Big red predator in Batman Deadend.I am currently applying the red paint and have thought of a couple questions.First has anyone ever smoothed out the paint with either 600-800 sandpaper after the final clear coat is applied?And second question,which clearcoat do most people use,glossy or matte for the red bio?I am using createx airbrush paints.

Thanks Daren

I am asking a question cause I am unsure.As for the Krylon,will it affect my waterbase createx?As for the sandpaper thing,what about steel wool instead?

Thanks Daren

I am asking a question cause I am unsure.As for the Krylon,will it affect my waterbase createx?As for the sandpaper thing,what about steel wool instead?

Thanks Daren

I can only chime in on sanding paint as it goes with cars and such. I "wetsand" the paint and then the clearcoat after if there are runs, swirls or other defects that I want to remove. I'm guessing since you don't want a bio all that shiny it would not be needed unless you had defects to fix. I wetsand with 1000 grit or higher and often with a clay bar.

i use Krylon, in, and on my airbrush paints, acrylics, etc. i love the stuff!! nice hard coating, or in the paint it seams to make it stay a lot better. and make it stronger. JSYK.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back