FIFTH ELEMENT possible sequel - Besson says

Yes please :). Even if it's not directly tied to the story of Fifth Element but perhaps in the same universe would be great.

I think I'd prefer it not be a sequel, but I'd love to see him do another sci-fi film, in that universe or another. Hopefully he could get the same production team together, because the design on that movie is one of the things that makes it my all-time favorite.

5E is in my top 5 sci-fi movies, a sequal would have been cool at the time, but I think its been too long to pick-up the story again. If it got made I'd be sceptical but still....
attachment.php

Attachments

• shut-up-and-take-my-money_.jpg
    shut-up-and-take-my-money_.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 529
Maybe a brief (very brief) cameo for Chris for old times sake, but I agree that character was mined for any worthwhile material in the first film. Bring on everyone else!

As long as Milla's in it i'm there lol. She might not be oscar worthy but she tries her best and she's the only model i know of willing to do as many stunts as the insurance company will let her.

I hope they bring back Sonita Henry as the president's aide. She had no dialogue but had a cute pixie look.
(I wish they hadn't CG'd her face up when she appeared in Star Trek.)

"I was a little bit frustrated because I made the film right before all the new effects arrived. So when I did the film it was all blue screen, six hours, dots on the wall, takes forever to do one shot. Now, basically, you put the camera on your shoulder and then you run and then you add a couple of dinosaurs and spaceships. And I was so frustrated because it was not so easy at the time. So I always think to myself that I would avenge one day and use all the new tools to do a sci-fi film for sure."

Is he George Lucas' mongy half-brother?

"I was a little bit frustrated because I made the film right before all the new effects arrived. So when I did the film it was all blue screen, six hours, dots on the wall, takes forever to do one shot. Now, basically, you put the camera on your shoulder and then you run and then you add a couple of dinosaurs and spaceships. And I was so frustrated because it was not so easy at the time. So I always think to myself that I would avenge one day and use all the new tools to do a sci-fi film for sure."

Is he George Lucas' mongy half-brother?

Sounds like it. Another director who thinks shakycam is cool and that cgi is what the movie is supposed to be all about instead of story.

5th Element is one of my favorites, terrific movie.

Me too, but the description above doesn't sound good at all.

I'm usually up for most sequels, but I think once the "style" of a series is established, they should stick to that, for the sake of continuity. Just my opinion, but if you want to make something with a different style, then just make a new movie.

Epic fail. :facepalm

What we SHOULD be hearing from him is " I have this FANTASTIC script that I just can't wait to shoot utilizing all the new technology that was not around when I did the fifth element"

fifth element 071.JPGfifth element 072.JPGfifth element 073.JPGNot too sure, some movies you just leave alone. I think this one is in that group. I had some friends over the day and they brought one of their friends. He looked at my Fifth Element piece and said what is that? I told him just a display from a great Sci-Fi movie. He said I never sawfith ele wall 006.JPGfith ele wall 007.JPGfith ele wall 008.JPGfith ele wall 009.JPGfith ele wall 010.JPGfith ele wall 011.JPGfith ele wall 012.JPG it, I told him to leave. :)

A sequel should not be made without Moebius. What's that? Master Moebius passed away? I guess we're saved from a sequel.

Sounds like it. Another director who thinks shakycam is cool and that cgi is what the movie is supposed to be all about instead of story.

I think he means the fact that today you CAN have shaky cam footage and use that as a CGI-shot where as he couldn't. Not that he wants to make a shaky-cam-movie.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back