Fifth Element car, with display, and Zorg ship

jasonw2112

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well I obtained this little car, from the Junkyard, about a year ago. I was told, that it was purchased from
Paul Francis Studio's, and (could be?) pulled from one of the origonal molds, from the movie. I noticed one
other member have one (Tee), and his was painted green. I noticed his was lacking some fine details like
mine. So they must have come from the same place. Well I decided to try and clean mine up, and make a
little garage for it. Fifth Element style!

Using a Screen Used reference Picture, I figured out how I wanted to build the garage. I decided to
use balsa wood for the frame. Much easier for me to cut and sand, till it looks right! The garage
itself, I purchased at Hobby Lobby. It's a little cardboard style box. I was going to place the car
in the garage at first, but I did'nt want to hide it! The plastic for the door, and trim, I purchased
at Hobby Lobby as well. Just some railroad stuff.

Fifth Element garage.JPG Fifth Element garage.JPG2.JPG

I found a gaming site, that had these printable buildings. So I glued one to some thick cardboard,
and used small wood blocks, to help hold it together. Than I cut a hole for the garage to fit in.

Fifth Element garage.JPG3.JPG Fifth Element garage.JPG4.JPG

Here's my garage below. To the right is the Screen Used Doors, I decided to use as reference.

Fifth Element garage.JPG6.JPG Fifth Element car screen used.JPG

Here it is all together! I thought The car should look like a Futuristic sports car. I used a new Automotive
custom paint color, to make it look.....Pretty! Than painted the bottom a smooth silver. I also used Alclad 2
chrome, for the grill, headlight's, and rear air intakes. Than sprayed Future Floor wax, to give it some shine!

The building, and garage, I used, Tamiya's Smoke black, along with red oxide, for that dirty look. using the
airbrush, and Dry brush technique's. Than sprayed a satin top coat, to seal it off.

I just used a small thin, acrlyic rod to hold the car in place.

Fifth Element car snip2.JPG1.JPG

Fifth Element car snip2.JPG3.JPG

The Zork ship, I purchased off of Evilbay. I have now Idea of it's origonal maker? I layered
several coats of silver, charcoal, grey, and I just did not get the look I wanted. so I used
the same Dupli-color paint used on Matt Munson's Multi-pass kit, and it looked just right!
After sanding, off and on and dry brushing, silver and Tamiya Smoke. I thought it was right.
Oh! Thanks again Matt!

Fifth Element Zorg ship.JPG Fifth Element Zorg ship.JPG3.JPG

Fifth Element Zorg ship.JPG4.JPG

That's all for now! Thanks for looking!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back