fiber optic star destroyer

OldKen

Master Member
i have one, open it the box, never had the pieces removed...

just curious...

thought about building it, but if it is worth anything might offerit up for trade on something else. :D

Originally posted by oldken@Oct 19 2005, 09:37 AM
so this thread has been viewed 67 times and no comment???

:unsure
[snapback]1099596[/snapback]​

Hehehe its worth about what you paid for it, the models haven't really moved around in price much as of late.

Originally posted by Aegis159+Oct 19 2005, 12:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aegis159 @ Oct 19 2005, 12:37 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-oldken
@Oct 19 2005, 09:37 AM
so this thread has been viewed 67 times and no comment???

:unsure
[snapback]1099596[/snapback]​

Hehehe its worth about what you paid for it, the models haven't really moved around in price much as of late.
[snapback]1099669[/snapback]​
[/b]

hmm.

they havent been selling them as far as ive seen for like 10 years...

thought someone might want it...

its not up to speed with your all smodeling skills, but a pretty neat liscensed model.

Do you have a link to any pics of a completed model or more details, mate? I don't think I have seen one of these before.

Al

Originally posted by ob1al@Oct 19 2005, 05:45 PM
Do you have a link to any pics of a completed model or more details, mate? I don't think I have seen one of these before.

Al
[snapback]1099889[/snapback]​

i dont have any... ill try to find some tonight

I watched them for awhile on e-bay before I bought mine and they go for $25-50, with the avarage price being around $30 (I paid $35 for mine)
Nice models, but all the hole drilling for the optics is alot of work, still you should be able to get a good price for it. ;)

Originally posted by comicasylum@Oct 20 2005, 01:22 PM
I watched them for awhile on e-bay before I bought mine and they go for $25-50, with the avarage price being around $30 (I paid $35 for mine)
Nice models, but all the hole drilling for the optics is alot of work, still you should be able to get a good price for it. ;)
[snapback]1100384[/snapback]​

word, ill prob just keep it, and one day build it.

my friend dropped and broke the tip of the crappy drill that came with it soon after opening the box...

ive just not taken the time to try and find a suitible dremel bit, its a great looking model for not being like fine moulds or something higher callibur, just needs some weathering, etc... and the frickin 4000 holes to randomly drill. :confused

if i ever get it done ill show it here :D

You can use a #81 drill bit in your Dremel to replace the one that broke. You'll need a small collet to hold it though.
If you decide to build the kit, do yourself a favor and get some more fibers and some LEDs instead of the lamps it comes with. The kit only comes with 3 feet of cable. That's not nearly enough. I used about 12 feet in this build: http://www.starwarsmodels.com/stardf.html (second one down). The top one shows you a stock build with 3 extra feet of fiber (6 total). As you can see, even that doesn't give you a whole lot of lights. :(
It's a really fun fixer-upper kit in my opinion. Not the best kit in the world, but something to keep you busy for a while. :)

sweet.

but for sume reason, i like the duller lights, as the lights in ANH didnt stand out very much.

but yours deffinately looks like the more lit up ROTJ ones especially the SSD.

i didnt think the thrusters lit up too?

shows how long its been since i even dug the box out...

thanks for the link. very cool...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back