Favorite display accessories in your collection

Elevader

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Im looking to evolve the display of my Star Wars collection and find new ways to display pieces. Im interested in see what are some favorite accessories for displaying your collection. By accessories I mean stands, plaques, lighting, cabinets, etc. Basically anything you use to display your collection that isn't the prop itself.

In addition to that, maybe even creative ways ways you’ve set up your display or certain props.

great idea!
I don't show my collection much because it's basically not displayed, by lack of space, money, and mostly time! that being said, my wife (Wonder knight here) helped me realize a bit my vision for the stands I had wanted for a long time for my blasters. Something very unique, museum like, clean, almost invisible. I really love it!

plasma cut raw steel, welded by my wife, the small support are reversible to display the prop one way or the other :)
DSC_0871.jpg

DSC_0872.jpg

DSC_0876.jpg

DSC_0893.jpg

DSC_0898.jpg

DSC_0954.jpg

DSC_0955.jpg

DSC_0956.jpg

DSC_0957.jpg

DSC_0958.jpg

DSC_0960.jpg

great idea!
I don't show my collection much because it's basically not displayed, by lack of space, money, and mostly time! that being said, my wife (Wonder knight here) helped me realize a bit my vision for the stands I had wanted for a long time for my blasters. Something very unique, museum like, clean, almost invisible. I really love it!

plasma cut raw steel, welded by my wife, the small support are reversible to display the prop one way or the other :)
View attachment 1579112
View attachment 1579113
View attachment 1579114
View attachment 1579115
View attachment 1579116
View attachment 1579117
View attachment 1579118
View attachment 1579120
View attachment 1579121
View attachment 1579122
View attachment 1579123
Ooh these are beautiful! I'm always looking for inspiration for minimal, museum-like display stands. These are really stunning, and let your gorgeous pieces get all the attention!

If you are looking for helmet stands these are the best. Not cheap but the you get what you pay for in terms of quality. Bases are heavy so no worries if you live in an earthquake prone area. Your helmets aren't going anywhere.

classic-helmet-stand-main.jpg

great idea!

View attachment 1579112
View attachment 1579113
View attachment 1579114
View attachment 1579115
View attachment 1579116
View attachment 1579117
View attachment 1579118
View attachment 1579120
View attachment 1579121
View attachment 1579122
View attachment 1579123
Beautiful stands! I love the minimalist look. The blasters stand out so much in these.

great idea!

Those are fantastic! How are they supporting the various blasters? Do you have to modify the blasters themselves?

Those are fantastic! How are they supporting the various blasters? Do you have to modify the blasters themselves?
thank you :)
they are custom made for each blaster. each stand is a bit different so that the maint support is hidden under behind the grip of the blaster and that the small holding brackets are at the proper height to insure the blaster is horizontal. no modifications to the blasters themselves :)

here is for instance the sterling stand:
Sterling_04.jpg

and the Padme stand:
DSC_0879.JPG

the heat shrink tubing on the brackets is temporary here, we are thinking of using a black plastidip spray on the brackets to protect the contact points on the blasters.

I'm in love with those stands and they are exactly what I wanted,
they have a few set backs though, they are very heavy (4mm steel base), one solid piece after being welded, expensive to produce and limited to my own blaster collection so far as we need precise measures to adjust them.
cheers

Could you not weld a screw to the bottom of the stem and have it screw into the base? Or maybe have a couple of smaller nuts welded on and use short countersunk screws up through the base into them?

Could you not weld a screw to the bottom of the stem and have it screw into the base? Or maybe have a couple of smaller nuts welded on and use short countersunk screws up through the base into them?
I have been thinking about that lately, but trying to keep everything simple visually is not easy with something that would bolt together. It would also need to be rather large screws as there can be a lot of weight on those stands, the sterling and DL44 for instance are very heavy. Still trying to figure out something :)
cheers

I think once you hit a certain number of blasters it becomes really hard to display them individually, especially with the rifles etc. I ended up looking for some nice steel peg boards that could display a nice clean look. This is a work in progress as I’d like to get some plaques made that I can stick magnets on for each blaster. It also becomes a massive game of Tetris as you rearrange to get the spacing and look right.

AEAC3448-9D89-4973-BAC8-73A8B509DED9.jpeg

I think once you hit a certain number of blasters it becomes really hard to display them individually, especially with the rifles etc. I ended up looking for some nice steel peg boards that could display a nice clean look. This is a work in progress as I’d like to get some plaques made that I can stick magnets on for each blaster. It also becomes a massive game of Tetris as you rearrange to get the spacing and look right.

View attachment 1579820
Yeah, Im starting to look at new ways to display my blasters as the collection has grown. Im completely out if cabinet space. Im also trying to find the best brackets to mount my vibro axe on the wall.

I like to make mine from scratch to match the item. The design of the stand can be almost as gratifying as the prop itself. I use XPS Foam as one of my main materials - the stand below is made completely from foam.

lightsaber-stand.jpg
stand.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back