Farscape Props

Also, I was told that John wore his on his belt - so, that would somewhat govern the size so that you could get that large a pin back on it.
!
IIRC, Ben Browder says in one of the commentaries that he only did that because he was sick of the things falling off, and no one knew whether to tap it or talk into it, etc. So he did that to hide it, so he could pull it out when he needed it.

I have some half-finished comms somewhere, I used plastic, screen, and metal eyelets (instead of rivets). They look ok from far away. ^_^

Currently working on resin vidchips, but I still need to finish the mold and buy the resin. It's started, though.

Other than that, I've been meaning to finish a Rygel painting (the spirit painting Zhaan makes in Exodus from Genesis), but it still needs work.
rygel-225x300.jpg

Also working on a Hand of Friendship. I made a bunch of screencaps here:
http://video-nasties.net/farscape-hand-of-friendship-screencaps/

Last edited:
Just posting my attempt at a PK vidchip. Still needs much work. I'd like to eventually make one out of pewter, but I need to work on the design some more. also, my paint job is terrible. (The black is the original, the silver one is resin)
vidchip.jpg

There appear to be 2 different types in the show, a rectangle one that resembles the identchip, and the pointed one like I made, which is also how the licensed rubber one was:
vidchips.jpg

Yeah, some people just can't look past the horrible colors and envision how cool stuff will look with a good paint job.

Of course. :cool I've been slowly trying to collect them but they're all old and some are rare so they only show up infrequently on ebay.

My info list is on my home computer but I have pics in my photobucket and can remember most of it off the top of my head.

Super Soaker Force 3 Storm 1500:

Used in season 4 by the aliens in "Crichton Kicks" and "A Prefect Murder"

Super Soaker SC400:

General blaster used by Natira's security forces in the Shadow Depositry

Super Soaker XP40:

Used by the Zenetian Pirates and in "A Prefect Murder"

Super Soaker XP70:

Base gun for the chronite injector that armed the bombs in the transport pod that blew up Scorpi's gammak base in the last episode of Season 1.

Speedloader 1500:

Used by Rorg in "Till the blood runs clear"

Speedloader 1000:

Used by Rorf in "till the blood runs clear"

Super Soaker SC600:

Background gun used in "Coup by clam"

Supersoaker CPS 1500:

About a dozen of them were used to make an alien bar in Season 4

I've got screencaps at home I can post tonight. ;)

Last edited:
If you do a few out of pewter, let me know. I'd be interested in one. Always love METAL over resin any day :)
Yeah, this is pretty much the reason I bought the pewter, but I'm still getting used to using it and my original needs work (lines are too thick, etc). Trying to make other props from pewter before getting back to work on this, so maybe I'll eventually figure out what I am doing. ^_^

Meanwhile, I am still trying to sculpt Crais' neural implant and possibly the map crystal ("dna mad scientist" ep). I have some clear resin and if I can make a decent looking map crystal, I might finally have a use for it.

Unfortunately my DRD project has been put on hold but I've got other Farscape stuff to work on in the meantime.

So going on 5 years ago I ID's Strapa's Peacekeeper handheld computer from Into the Lion's Den:

...as a World Travel Clock corporate tchotchke:
IMG_5842.jpg~original

Since then I've had mine sitting around with the ends painted the accurate black but never got around to having the Peacekeeper logo made. This past summer I worked out a deal with a friend of mine who works in a print shop that got me a set of labels printed out and I can finally finish this prop.

IMG_5690.jpg~original

IMG_5698.jpg~original

IMG_5695.jpg~original

Hey I'm new to the RPF but I love Farscape made the pistol and have the 1/2 scale drd kit. the resin comm is giving me all kinds of issues. But i think i came up with the scepter its based off of an under the sink wrench. Planning on getting one this weekend. Going to try my first scratch build. ill post pics when im done!

Hey I'm new to the RPF but I love Farscape made the pistol and have the 1/2 scale drd kit. the resin comm is giving me all kinds of issues. But i think i came up with the scepter its based off of an under the sink wrench. Planning on getting one this weekend. Going to try my first scratch build. ill post pics when im done!

Welcome! We need more Farscape enthusiasts around here.

Watch when making the scepter, the design of the wrench is slightly different these days if you're trying to make an accurate version.

Welcome! We need more Farscape enthusiasts around here.

Watch when making the scepter, the design of the wrench is slightly different these days if you're trying to make an accurate version.

I agree. Us Farscape fans are like the Eidelons from The Peacekeeper Wars right now (though we have the love for the show, but we really lack the show's existence and numbers).

I was inspired by some of the shots I saw of Winona or a Pulse pistol with a few lights and decided to do a custom job on a resin kit which added lights and a laser pointer for the site. I also didn't have the opportunity to show it to Ben Browder at Dragon*Con after it was finished, so I took on the task of having him sign the kit BEFORE I built it, then I did what I could to preserve the autograph and build/mod it around the autograph. Here's some of the hilights.

Ben signed the kit box just in case I couldn't save his signature. He was convinced there was no way I could build the prop around his autograph so I should have a backup.
326297_10150263118935756_7604854_o.jpg
I attempted to protect it with a little clear coat, but the sharpie ink ran the instant the clear coat spray hit it. Lesson learned. After it dried I was able to put a couple more layers, but the damage is done.
325874_10150263119015756_7414946_o.jpg
So all I could do was try to salvage the prop and what was left of his autograph.
I covered the autograph with clear plastic and a few screws and masked around it.
325264_10150263119170756_4252736_o.jpg
Then I hit the body with silver, then clear coat, then metallic black paint so that if the paint chipped it would reveal "metal weathering" underneath.
286421_10150263864890756_2845479_o.jpg
The laser pointer site was added...
338531_10150263864950756_7640647_o.jpg
And now the fun began. The body of the gun was hollowed out and some LEDs were placed inside with wires run to a switch and dime battery.
332203_10150267952105756_2303323_o.jpg 286351_10150267952200756_3747817_o.jpg
And this is what you get...
288758_10150268743895756_3094013_o.jpg 322412_10150268744000756_3109731_o.jpg 179339_10151120367220756_1346771505_n.jpg

Throw in a vest my mom and I agonized over for weeks...machine and hand stitched from photos with no pattern....
305534_10151120370315756_155509514_n.jpg
And a Katarra8 Peacekeeper latter seasons holster...
542418_10151208073505756_1836233383_n.jpg
And THIS is my Jon Crichton:
1383576_10151622962560756_672972071_n.jpg 487749_10151308696870756_1542099190_n.jpg

Last edited:
Scepter is coming along fine but im having a problem getting the right shape for the red gem. Also i have considered using some of my many LEDs to add a glow to the gem. I no its not to spec but i think i can sneak in in there. So any ideas on the correct shape?

Scepter is coming along fine but im having a problem getting the right shape for the red gem. Also i have considered using some of my many LEDs to add a glow to the gem. I no its not to spec but i think i can sneak in in there. So any ideas on the correct shape?

It's pretty much just an amorphous blob so I think you can get away with whatever you want to do:
DSC04003.jpg~original

More pics: Rigels Scepter Photos by jackdoud | Photobucket

thanks for the images I think i might try some clay to make the general shape then ill make a mold from that. Also i never saw the smaller wire around the stone before. I will have to add that too. Thanks I will post as soon as im done!

I don't have any props to show off, but I wanted to say how great it is to see so many fans of the series! Thank you for sharing all of your wares. Last year my partner and I cosplayed John and Aeryn (Peacekeeper outfits), and Chiana and John (John Quixote episode outfits), since Ben Browder, Claudia Black, and Gigi Edgley were all attending a convention together here in Melbourne. The next time we cosplay Farscape I'll know where to come looking for props!

I got lucky - just picked up these pieces for future projects!

Attachments

• IMG_1806.JPG
    IMG_1806.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1797.JPG
    IMG_1797.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 94

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back