Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition

canadapost

Bethesda Game Studios had a showcase tonight during which they revealed new details about the upcoming Fallout 4. I'm excited that they're finally releasing their own replica of the Pip-Boy for use as a second screen in the game. I've wanted one of these for years!

Here are some photos from the presentation:

Screen_Shot_2015_06_15_at_1_05_32_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_06_15_at_1_05_50_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_06_15_at_1_06_15_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_06_15_at_1_06_32_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_06_15_at_1_08_32_AM.png

And a link to the presentation HERE.

Stoked.

I think I'll mod mine and it could go for a repaint. I'd want mine to be a darker olive drab/green color and flat - not a big fan of the shiny plastic look. And we could easily Dremel out those fake plastic screws and replace them with real ones.

I checked everywhere..The Pipboy editions are already sold out. They're on Ebay for $215- $250ish now. Instead of $125.

Anybody find a good source to preorder one of these?

I checked everywhere..The Pipboy editions are already sold out. They're on Ebay for $215- $250ish now. Instead of $125.

Anybody find a good source to preorder one of these?

I sincerely doubt this will be limited... you will no doubt able to buy it cheaper a few months after release on ebay.

I preordered mine on Amazon as soon as it was offered. Actually the original fallout 3 pipboy edition is going for twice what it originally cost.

Yup, preordered on Bestbuy for the 119.00. I can't believe they're on eBay for double the price.

Always like that, and if they don't overstock by release it'll stay that way for a little while. Then it'll start falling as most gamers don't care about it, and tbh most collectors editions are pretty cheap garbage :p

this one is nice because you can put an iphone in it running the app they made. Since i can't afford a monthly plan I'm going to have to come up with something else to put in there.

Last edited:
Amazon is sold out, GameStop you can preorder if you go in the store, online Best Buy is your only real option here, GAME in the UK has them as well. And it is limited, they already announced that, like the previous ones. The limit is usually like 100,000. A lot, but considering how many copies Fallout will sell not that many. Many Fallout collectors buy multiples to keep, sell and trade. The Fallout 3 version easily gets $300 on eBay, I've seen them go for up to $800 at peak demand.

Last edited:
i don't know if i would pay to extra to have one of these. the concept is nice but it has made in china write all over it. i would reserve judgment until i could see how good there quality was in person. i dont know how many people are going to use this is a full time home for there i-phone but the single hinge will have to be well made and to put up with repeated removal of the phone. also the battery looks like its just begging to fall-out (see what i did there) every time you pop the case open, dont get me wrong i would love to have one but i dont see myself paying that much extra for one.

i would snap one up immediately if it had a cassette deck in the top like the one in the game play demo. would be neat if the knobs and gauges worked (maybe Bluetooth?)
also if they did not snub the android users buy adding adjustable snap in/out or twist down mounts.

i think ill be building mine from scratch :)

but what i think i might build first is a pipboy 1.0

RMV4rZn.jpg...

i don't know if i would pay to extra to have one of these. the concept is nice but it has made in china write all over it. i would reserve judgment until i could see how good there quality was in person. i dont know how many people are going to use this is a full time home for there i-phone but the single hinge will have to be well made and to put up with repeated removal of the phone. also the battery looks like its just begging to fall-out (see what i did there) every time you pop the case open, dont get me wrong i would love to have one but i dont see myself paying that much extra for one.

i would snap one up immediately if it had a cassette deck in the top like the one in the game play demo. would be neat if the knobs and gauges worked (maybe Bluetooth?)
also if they did not snub the android users buy adding adjustable snap in/out or twist down mounts.

i think ill be building mine from scratch :)

but what i think i might build first is a pipboy 1.0

View attachment 490338...

Yeah, I agree it's not 100% accurate, but it'll do for me. I'm definitely going to repaint mine in a flat military green, replace the plastic screws with real ones and add weathering to the overall look of the device.

Also... a Pip Boy 1.0 build would be amazing! I saw that in the keynote loved the concept of it. I'd build one, but I don't think I'd have the necessary tools or skills.

I missed out on the preorder and have been looking into building my own and right now it looks like the pre order version is about 6, 3/16" long and only fits a phone up to 5, 1/16" long. My phone is much larger than that. :cry

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back