Fake Sweat

Matthew Gresham

Looking for the best way to weather an Indiana Jones shirt to make it look sweaty and dirty that won't wash out. I was maybe thinking coffee or tea staining or maybe baby oil?

Perhaps vegetable or olive oil for staining it to look like sweat? You can also use watered down acrylic paints too. Black, Tan, Rust, and Clay colors work well.

Under the arms (obviously), between the shoulder blades, lower back, chest, and crease of the arms tend to be the areas that sweat tends to show up the most.

Just remember to take your time and do it in layers. Once the layers build up it will look more realistic, plus lessen the chance of you making a change you can't go back on if you were to go heavy on the weathering. Better to go light and add more than too heavy and you can't change it back.

I'd also recommend using a combination of spray bottle and brush. The spray bottle to get the majority of the weathering then using a brush around the edges because the speckling you'd get from spraying wouldn't be very realistic looking. When you look at something that's gotten wet, either from being splashed with liquid or from sweat, the edges are always fairly hard, there's no fine misting or speckling like you'd get from a spray bottle or spray paint.

The oil you need is coconut oil as it darkens the material also works on leather i used it to give my whip a weathered and worn look

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back