Fake Blood

Brandon1

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had a way of making fake blood.... but here is the catch, It has to still look wet and fresh after drying.
I know how to make fake blood out of corn syrup and food colouring but it doesn't do waht i want. I even found this site: http://www.sickindividual.com/tipblood.html
but nothing on there is what i'm looking for.

Basically it still ahs to be some what runny so that i can splatter it across clothing.
I've tried silicone caulking but taht was to thick and bunched together and wouldn't give me the splater i wanted.
I tried mixing latex and water.. but my latex jsut disintigrated and got all chunky.

Now i thought about hot glue but, it needs to be hot or it hardens so I can't mix anything in with it. Also do to the heat i don't know how i would possibly splatter it....

So i was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to make something that looks like blood and still looks wet after it has dried?

UPDATE!
Food colouring mixed with latex till the latex turns pink works extremely well! It looks wet and fresh even though the latex dries to a deep blood red!

There's a really cheap product that can be found at most party shops and around halloween at wal-mart. It's called Bloody Scabs. I've used the stuff on many great occasions. It's very thick and remains fresh looking after hours and hours. I do believe however you can mix water with it and get the look you desire.

Thanks.. i looked into it but i don't think its going to give me the effect i want... it dries like a scab and it looks like its going to dry like the fake blood i already used.
http://www.maskworld.com/english/departmen...dy-scab--100028
its believe it is still wet in taht photo and not fully dried

I need it to still look wet without it being sticky or able to come off if i sit down on someones furniture. but i need to be able to get this effect..
1231858940FVTB85.jpg

I had it with some regular fake blood but once it dried it didn't look the same.
th_100_0313.jpg

I'm pretty much going to find it hard to believe that what i need is readily availble on the market as a product since I've never seen anything that comes close to what i need.

Another option would be using household latex paint. Find a ruby red color (wal-mart/lowes) that satisfies you and get it in gloss. Then splatter away. Once it's dry it should retain it's shine and look fresh. It should also keep from rubbing off when you sit.

If that doesn't work you might be outta luck.

or you can use any method of making fake blood (corn syrup etc.) and then hand paint a high gloss clear coat over it. time consuming but should work.

or you can use any method of making fake blood (corn syrup etc.) and then hand paint a high gloss clear coat over it. time consuming but should work.

hmm.. what if i mixed the fake blood in with the clear coat? (thinking maybe i should have bought a few jugs of fake blood at halloween lol)

I'll try a couple different ways and see what happens.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back