Fairy fossil prop by El dodo albino

cristobal

Hi! I´ve been researching last month with moldmaking and this is one of the results : a fairy fossil. I love fossils since I was a kid so I combined now this with fantasy world.
It is casted in urethane resin , painted and aged by hand individually. I´ve made a doublé sided mold in order to avoid the flat backside. The back is also textured imitating rock.
It is my second piece of this kind and I hope to make more in the future...
I´ve made some copies if someone is interested.

1.jpg3.jpg2.jpg

cthulhu.jpg
Thanks RobertH!
My first piece was this Cthulhu bone idol. I made a limited edition run of this one but I will make a different Cthulhu prop set in the future .

That is just too awesome Cristobal! I've always loved your props, I'm glad to see more from you around here.

I loved all the props that came with the Cthulhu bone idol.

Hi! Schlitzie! Thanks very much!
I remember well you ordered one bone idol prop set! I follow you through Etsy , your findings are always interesting! ;)
I am learning about casting materials and the possibilities are very interesting : transparent sculpts , fluorescent , casts with metal particles...I wish to had more time to experiment .LOL.
Best regards , nice to see you here too!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back