Faceless Joker

nation48

If there are any makeup masters out there I've been itching to do a new 52 Joker. Unfortunately, Gotham kind of beat me to the punch but I wanna make it look like that with the whole of the makeup. White and red mostly. The picture below shows what I'm trying to go for I have worked with latex before but im not sure of the best way to go about this.
46fb7397c5defea545ba07eef1a2e835.jpg

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

hoah, dang that would be so friggin scary!! If you manage this and it looks good, i would have nightmares in the daytime if i ran into you.
Aha I've been wanting to do this it's just I dont know how go about it. I'm sure ill figure it out at some point aha.

Firstly Snyder's whole run on Baman has been the stuff of legends. He and Capullo together were a dream team. Secondly I'd love to pull this look off. Just lack the talent lol looking forward to updates!

Ok I think I figured out what I'm going to do. I am going to a prosthetic and figure out a way to do that without a face cast. Because I don't have much money and I'm very claustrophobic so it's going to have to be done later. Im gonna draw the shape of my face on transparent paper probably and work from there to help it out

Does it have to be your face absolutely? Seeing that the prosthetic would be stretched and weathered you might want to ask a friend of yours and mold his face instead.

I would suggest molding the face using stripes of plaster. You make a positive of it with plaster. Then brush silicone over you face. Many layers to get the desired thickness and you should be good to go.

I've never tried it myself but it is a not so costly way instead of going for smooth-on products.

Does it have to be your face absolutely? Seeing that the prosthetic would be stretched and weathered you might want to ask a friend of yours and mold his face instead.

I would suggest molding the face using stripes of plaster. You make a positive of it with plaster. Then brush silicone over you face. Many layers to get the desired thickness and you should be good to go.

I've never tried it myself but it is a not so costly way instead of going for smooth-on products.
Hmmm thank you I'll try ittt

Hey nation48,I've been in the FX industtry for quite a while and If I'm understanding correctly youre looking for an inexpensive way to get a lifecast to scuplt on? the absolute easiest and cheapest way we always did it in the shop is to use plaster bandages over your face. Make sure you really work the bandages to get a really smooth and creamy consistanceyup against your face. Once that dries remove it and coat the inside with a smooth coat of vasoline. Then brush up thick layers of UltraCal-30 (recommended but you can also use plaster) in it, reinforcing it with burlap. once dried you can pop out a sturdy plaster positive from the bandages to sculpt on. All of those items are really very cheap.

I actually did find out about those plaster bandages and as soon as I get paid I was going to test them as a body cast first since I can be a bit claustrophobic I know you have to wait a while for it to dry so I need to prepare myself aha.
Hey nation48,I've been in the FX industtry for quite a while and If I'm understanding correctly youre looking for an inexpensive way to get a lifecast to scuplt on? the absolute easiest and cheapest way we always did it in the shop is to use plaster bandages over your face. Make sure you really work the bandages to get a really smooth and creamy consistanceyup against your face. Once that dries remove it and coat the inside with a smooth coat of vasoline. Then brush up thick layers of UltraCal-30 (recommended but you can also use plaster) in it, reinforcing it with burlap. once dried you can pop out a sturdy plaster positive from the bandages to sculpt on. All of those items are really very cheap.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back