Facehugger Stasis Wip

Damn José, that is friggin sweet - how much detail can you cram into such a trick object - wow, cross-eyed at the thought unless your are like a jalapeno on a stick

jose2.jpg

As a lamp?....I'm kind of curiouse now. That armature picture is a little Hazy on the beads, what kind did you use to form the body?

I'd rather buy one from my bro than some guy on ebay..

On the molding of it.. the legs and tail scare me. I'm looking in to making a small diy pressure pot for molding and casting small things just like this. A pressure pot would mean No bubbles in the mold and no bubbles in the resin (legs and tail).

Also flattening out the facehugger would make it easier to mold and demold. If you make it flat you can do a simple two part silicone mold. Then heat it up and shape it all curled up. That way you can make dread beads out of them too. ;)

Here's the thread I found .. http://justhisandthat.blogspot.com/2011/12/building-pressure-pot-part-1.html

bro i have to say that looks awesome. Just a quick question what would it take to make it life size and robotic and t3ake it to something like a Comic Con?

materials really because once you know what you need you can figure out the cost. i just thing it would be funny to have a life size one crawling around a convention and taping peoples responses.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back